Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Color Challenge: All White With A Splash

Good morning and welcome to Gingersnaps first Color Challenge. I've wanted to try an all white card for a long time, so I figured this could be our first color challenge. But I've made it easy and have allowed you a splash of color somewhere on the card.

Here's the card I came up with - you can see my splash of color is quite large, so you decide what you're comfortable with.



When making any kind of monochromatic card, it's important to break up the expanse of color and add some interest to the card by creating texture. On this card, I heat embossed the diamond pattern with white e/p and dry embossed several panels with Cuttlebug embossing folders. The ribbon and pearls add their own textures to the card, as does the glittery butterfly. I also added dimension by popping up several layers, including the butterfly, with foam tape.


Here are a few ideas for adding texture to your monochromatic creations, I'm sure you can come up with many more:

  • Dry embossing
  • Heat embossing
  • Distressing
  • Stamping
  • Various ink or paint techniques (eg sponging)
  • Patterned paper & card stock in varying shades
  • Hand made or other textured papers
  • Glitter
  • Felt and flocked accents
  • All types of accessories (brads, buttons, eyelets etc)
  • Stitching or pierced holes
  • Scoring

You get the idea.....

We would love to see your 'all white with a splash' creations! Please leave a link to your blog or online gallery in the comments section.

Happy stamping!

Supplies:

  • Stamps: Print Pattern (SU retired)
  • Paper: Shimmery White and Parisian Breeze d/p (SU)
  • Ink: White craft ink, Versamark
  • Accessories: Pearls (Kaiser), sheer ribbon (May Arts), white embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder
  • Tools: Big Shot, Beautiful Butterflies die (SU), Cuttlebug embossing folders, heat gun

3 comments:

  1. Gee, I was looking forward to seeing lots of all white cards! This is a great challenge...thanks for providing it. My whites are all white, but the Cryogen White is a little creamy. Thanks for the challenge!

    http://tiny.cc/z4czz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This challenge really had me using those gray cells!

    Here's my card.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin