Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday Submissions: Sharon Style

This year I pledged to try and get my cards "out there" in the world. Part of that pledge was to remember to send in my cards for publication. I always intend to do it but forget. This time I made a calendar of when everything is due and what challenges are coming up. I have shared this calendar at the Yahoo Group where I send out reminders. You can view the full list by selecting Calendar and the Event Lists.

I decided I really wanted to try the Stamper's Sampler's Frightful and Delightful Challenge. The challenge was to use non-halloween images to make Halloween creations.

The first one came about by a happy accident a few months ago. I had stamped my favorite scallop border from Above the Mark on a panel and promptly tipped the whole thing onto the floor. Not too unusual in my small crafting space. Anyway... when I picked it up I noticed that when viewed upside down the scallop looked like little owls all in a row. From that thought came this:


Ghoulish Greetings
Stamps:
Scallop Border (Above the Mark); Ghoulish Greetings (Inka Stamps)
Paper: Dad Squares from the Dads Collectionz (Junkitz)
Cardstock: Sage Shadow & Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Embellishments: owl charm (Michael's)

I have to admit the next one just happened because I really wanted to use this woman on something!

Be Scary
Stamps: sentiment and Penelope (Inka Stamps)
Paper: Going Batty from the Spellbound Collection (Flair Designs)
Cardstock: Garden Green, Summer Sun, and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Copics: E33, G17, G28, Y23, YG95, YR00, YR04, YR07 and YR09

This challenge was much harder than I thought. I am happy that I at least tried this time. Now, to get better with the timing. Maybe I should work on magazine Challenges within 2 weeks of finding out about them rather than 2 weeks before they are due.

My daughter wants to work on the new Take Ten Sketch Challenge so we will both be working on that in the next two weeks so that I am not scrabbling at the last minute next time!

4 comments:

  1. Very clever on both cards! I always have a hard time making Halloween cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great non-traditional Halloween cards, Sharon! And the submission deadline resource in the Yahoo group is fantastic - it should keep me organized.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goulish Greetings is really incredible. My fave. Although I love them all. I am so trying to be more active in the group. Believe it or not I am a bit of a natural red head too. Just started dying diff colors to cover up the darn gray. I overextended myself and am trying to catch up and teaching myself to say no. That doesn't mean you btw. I think you're great and want to play....I'll leave it at that for now. Gotta go cook :-( ugh. I hate cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goulish Greetings is really incredible. My fave. Although I love them all. I am so trying to be more active in the group. Believe it or not I am a bit of a natural red head too. Just started dying diff colors to cover up the darn gray. I overextended myself and am trying to catch up and teaching myself to say no. That doesn't mean you btw. I think you're great and want to play....I'll leave it at that for now. Gotta go cook :-( ugh. I hate cooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin