Friday, March 13, 2009

Wednesday's Stamper: Green

with a bit of Zindorf-esque Style

Wednesday's Stamper's challenge this week was Green. To me, Green symbolized the renewal of the Earth - the long-awaited return of Spring. I wanted to create a Spring scene so I thought immediately of Michelle Zindorf's fabulous step-by-step instructions on her blog. After reading so many of her great tutorials, I decided to try a fairly basic card using some of her fantastic techniques. I'm not up to brayering yet but I'll get there.

For this card, I stamped the images (Stone House) with Memento ink and colored them in with Copics. I then used my new favorite tool, my Versamark marker, to carefully add Versamark on top of the image. I then heat embossed the images using clear embossing powder. Once, the powder had heat-set I used Broken China Distress ink and a sponge to create a soft sky background.

Spring Day
Stamps:
butterfly from the Almost Art Nouveau plate and primroses from 17th Century Flowers & Bugs plate (Stone House Stamps)
Cardstock: Garden Green & Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black (Memento); Broken China Distress (Ranger)
Copics: B32 Pale Blue, G28 Ocean Green, RV04 Shock Pink, RV09 Fuchsia, RV11 Pink, RV17 Deep Magenta, R27 Cadimium Red, Y11 Pale Yellow, Y15 Cadimium Yellow, YG03 Yellow Green, YG13 Chartreuse, YG23 New Leaf, YR04 Chrome Orange, YR09 Chinese Orange, YR23 Yellow Ochre, and YR24 Pale Sepia
Tools: oval cutting system (Creative Memories)
Embellishment: 2 scraps of 5/8" green polka dot ribbon (Michael's...I think)

I was inspired by Ali's great article, 10 Ways to Use Ribbon Scraps, to both use up some scraps and to add a ribbon accent to my card! Thanks for the idea! I think the ribbon added pizzazz to this card and gave it a finished look!

On Saturday, check out what I have been working on for magazine submissions!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! Love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I saw your card, I was certain you had used a butterfly sticker or printed image. That is fantastic coloring, Shar! As for melting snowbanks, I know what just you mean. It's difficult for them to melt, though, when it's in the teens at night and barely gets above 32 during the day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! The butterfly is beautiful! The colours are very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar,this is AWESOME!! What do you mean you're not ready for a brayer?? You're ready for anything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Shar looks like you captured spring to me hope you get the real thing soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the images and coloring...beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on you! This is totally gorgeous and I'm totally going shopping. I need another stamp like another nostril.

    {had to change it up a bit}

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have some fabulos folks commenting on your blog! I recognize Willy and Evelyn and Manna and Beth. Wow. You rule.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin