Sunday, May 10, 2009

Inspiration in Ink: 12 from 3 - 2nd Series

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Yesterday, I posted my attempt at Etha Schuette's fabulous 12 from 3 idea which was featured in the Winter 2009 issue of Stampington's Take Ten. To get the details, please check out yesterday's post.

I really liked how using a limited set of papers, cardstocks and inks really helped to focus me. Having the pieces already cut, even when I had to make minor adjustments, also helped to speed along the process of designing 12 cards!

I grouped today's set of 3 together because they all use photo stamps. I really am addicted to photo stamps and love to try new ways to use them.

For the first card, I used a few Ranger Distress inks to give the photo a slightly aged appearance. On the next card, I stamped the image in brown, distressed it and then overstamped in black.

For the final image, I stamped the image in Ruby Red ink and then overstamped, slightly offset, with Rich Cocoa Memento. I really like how all these slightly different techniques worked out.

Cherishing Motherhood
Stamps: Little Judy (Repeat Impressions); Cherish (Invoke Arts)
Paper: 1 sheet from a K & Company stack
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Not Quite Navy and Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Scattered Straw, Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)
Embellishments: 3 antique brass brads

Find Your Passion
Stamps:
20s Flapper (Alpha Stamps); Find Your Passion (River City Rubber Works)
Paper: 3 sheets from a K & Company stack
Cardstock: Ruby Red & River Rock (Stampin Up)
Ink: Ruby Red (Stampin Up); Rich Cocoa (Memento)

It's Been One of Those Days
Stamps:
woman (Stampsmith); It's Been One of Those Days (Repeat Impressions)
Paper: 2 sheets from K & Company stack
Cardstock: Old Olive & River Rock (Stampin Up)
Ink: Tuxedo Black & Rich Cocoa (Memento); Scattered Straw, Tea Dye and Brushed Corduroy (Ranger Distress Ink)

Next weekend, I'll show you the final 6 cards!

1 comment:

  1. These are wonderful cards. Didn't know how to use photo stamps, you have given me some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin