Saturday, May 9, 2009

Inspiration in Ink: 12 from 3

In the Winter 2008 issue of Stampington's Take Ten, I found an amazing article on using 3 pieces of designer paper to make 12 cards by fabulous artist Etha Schuette. I hadn't had time to try it out yet, but I thought what a great way to show how even your paper can multi-task for you so I dived right in. This great article "Twelve from Three" on page 62 has amazing samples to whet your appetite.

To make this wonderful idea stretch even further, I used 3 coordinating double-sided papers from a K & Company scrap pad!

I matched these 3 papers with 4 Stampin' Up! cardstock colors and inks: Ruby Red, Old Olive, River Rock (retired in-color), and Baja Breeze (current in-color). I added some Distress and Memento inks to the mix and Not Quite Navy and Chocolate Chip cardstock to create mattes. The only other addition was Whisper White for obvious reasons.

Here is a picture of the designer papers I chose. Yummy! I wanted to have patterns and texture papers as well. The K & Company papers are really great for mixing and matching. The rest of the pad is filled with delicious patterns!


If you want to try fab idea out for yourself, go to the Stampington website and check how to cut your pieces of designer paper using their layouts: Template A, Template B and Template C.

Once I had cut the designer paper based on the templates and chose some images and sentiments, these 12 cards went together in just under 2 hours! Can't beat that right? They all are very different but have a unified feel.

As we are celebrating wonderful women this month at Gingersnap Creations, I gave each of my cards a feminine theme. Today, I will show you three of the cards I created.

Compelling Quips Series

Aspire to Be
Stamps: Bonnet Girl (Beeswax); Aspire to Be (Inkadinkado)
Paper: 2 sheets from 12 x 12 K-ology Hannah Scrap Pad (K & Company)
Cardstock: River Rock, Chocolate Chip & Whisper White (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento); Old Olive, Ruby Red & River Rock (Stampin Up)


The Change You Wish
Stamps: Small Gypsy Face (Renaissance Art Stamps); Be the Change (Rubber Soul)
Paper: 3 sheets from 12 x 12 K-ology Hannah Scrap Pad (K & Company)
Cardstock: Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip & River Rock (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)


Lead Me Not
Stamps:
Kelly & Trina (Inka Stamps); Lead Me Not (Chapel Road)
Paper: 3 sheets from 12 x 12 K-ology Hannah Scrap Pad (K & Company)
Cardstock: Old Olive & Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up)
Ink: Rich Cocoa (Memento)

Come back tomorrow to see the next set of 3!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! These are absolutely gorgeous and what a fabulous idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is completely fantastic! I cannot wait to try it - thanks Shar!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin