Sunday, May 3, 2009

Magazine CASEing

Happy Sunday everyone!

I have to admit that I'm a papercrafting magazine junkie - I love them all and buy them all! The trouble is that when I read them, I mark all the good ideas I find with post-it notes and it ends there. Although I'm sure the ideas enter my head subconsciously, I rarely CASE (copy and share everything) a card directly.

So, this month I pulled out the current issue of Papercrafts Magazine (May/June 09) and looked at the all cards I'd flagged. I really fell in love with a quilt card by Julie Stainton on page 80. I couldn't find it on her blog to show you, but you should head over there anyway - everything she creates is to-die-for gorgeous.

I skipped the sewing part of the cards, but I might include it next time because I'll definitely be making this card again. I really like this look and it could be used for lots of different occasions.

I punched out 1" squares from 6" x 6" paper packs - the first by Making Memories and the second by Basic Grey - and adhered them to a neutral card base. Using packs of patterned paper makes life so much easier - it takes the guess work out of coordinating your card, which is great if you're short of time or color-challenged. I wrapped around some ribbon, added a sentiment and called it good.

Why not look through your scraps draw today, punch or cut out some small squares and make a quilt card. It's a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous quilt card, Ali! I have a ton of small end bits from 12 x 12 pieces of scrapbook paper and this would be a great way to use them all up! I love that you used one of the coordinating papers to frame your quilt. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ali, this is a fantastic card!!! I love the look, and the colors!!!
    So seamless and homey looking! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous idea for all those scraps you hate to throw away. Lovely caqrds Ali.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin