Monday, May 18, 2009

Alison Manning: Mini Tote and Cards

I had so much fun making this cute little tote this week, that I just had to share. The fun thing about the tote and four cards is that it comes from one sheet of 12" x 12" card stock.

Note: there is a cutting diagram plus a full set of instructions on how to construct the tote in the files section of the Gingersnaps Yahoo Group. All are welcome to join.

I planned to do more stamping on both the tote and cards, but sometimes a patterned paper is so great that it stands alone. And this was the case here. This Making Memories paper called Chloe's Closet is so adorable, I didn't want to clutter it with stamped images. So, I just stamped the sentiments on the card and bag using one of my go-to sets Essential Sentiments by My Favorite Things.


The tote contains four 3" x 3" cards with lined envelopes. Here's a side view of the filled bag.

Here's another version I made to hold tea bags instead of cards - I call it a 'tea-tote'. The image on the front is from a fun mini set by MFT called Hot Stuff. Instead of a card stock handle, I chose a yummy pink velvet ribbon instead.

Thanks for stopping by Gingersnap Creations. We hope that you'll come join the fun at our Yahoo Group!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin