Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wacky Wednesday: Mini Baby Album

One of my friends just had a sweet and handsome baby boy! I remember when my daughter was little, everyone was always pestering me for pictures. I was forever fishing a handful of battered and random pictures out of my purse or out of a worn envelope because I never had time to organize them. For today's Wacky Wednesday project, I picked an easy to make baby photo album to help the new mother organize these treasured moments without stress.

Copics Used: B00, B32, B34, E25, E37, RV11, YG03, YG95, YR23, and YR24
Stamps: Bear with Flowers (Stubby Stampers)

The beauty of this album is that you make a set of 4"x6" panels with headings that slide into the "top" slip-in pocket of a standard 4"x6" photo album. Then, she simply slides a picture roughly matching the heading into the bottom pocket - no scrapbooking skill required. She can easily re-arrange the panels whenever she wants and add pictures to a "section". Making life easy for new Moms is a great gift!

To make this album, you just need a standard 4"x6" photo album with "slip-in" pockets available in craft stores or your local department store. You will also need 6 coordinating pages of 12"x12" double-sided paper, 12 sheets of coordinating 8 1/2"x11" cardstock sheets and some fun stamps.


To start, cut the double-sided designer paper into 4 4"x6" panels and 1 4"x12" panel. Cut 2 4"x6" panels from the coordinating cardstock. Save those scraps! Use them to create your mattes, mini-panels, and titles! I used few embellishments on my panels but you could dress them up as much as you want!

Copics Used: B02, B32, B34, B37, E21, E25, E31, E33, G21, RV11, W5 and YG63
Stamp: Bear in Carriage (Rubbernecker Stamp Company)

Create an order for your panels, making sure that the panels don't repeat. Create some basic headings based on your album's theme. I printed mine on cardstock using a word processing program so that I could make all the headings consistent. You can do individual titles if you wish. Art is all about options. For this project, I wanted to keep it as simple and straight-forward as possible.


I then stamped a number of images which I thought would go with the headings I picked out. As I wanted to keep a simple color scheme, I picked out a range of Copic markers to use which complimented the paper. Each time I colored an image, I used this set of colors as a base.

Here are a few samples of the panels:

Copics Used: C3, B32, E31, E33 and YR24; paper details below
Stamp: Stork (Anna Griffin)

Copics Used: B26, B32, B34, E08, E11, E21, E25, E31, E33, G21, RV04, RV09, RV19, Y13, Y15, YG63, YR04, YR07; paper details below
Stamps: Child in Tree (Stubby Stampers)

With some of the panels, the paper was so cute (and busy) that I let it speak for itself:




Details for the panels:

Designer Paper: Leap Frog, Stripe, Little Prince, Turtles, 123 all from Snips & Snails line (Three Bugs); Birthday Boy/Brown Paper from Wild Asparagus line (My Mind's Eye)
Cardstock: Whisper White, Brocade Blue, Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, and Chocolate Chip (Stampin Up); tan(Paper Store)
Ink: Black Tuxedo (Memento)
Copics: listed beneath each panel

Check in next Wednesday to see some more of the Baby Album panels!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an adorable gift for a new mom, but this format could be used for so many other occasions. Thanks for the inspiration, Shar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shar, this is really adorable. I love how you've put it together. The images are so cute & well colored. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin