Sunday, June 7, 2009

Our June Home Page Art Winners!

Each month, we have a "Home Page Art" contest at the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group! This month, we have not one but two winners! Whoohoo!

Our theme for this month's contest was "masculine". Boy, did Martha and Kathay ever live up to the challenge!

Here's Martha's card:

When I asked Martha about the great collage stamp she used, she told me:
"I looked for the Nick Bantock cowboy stamp for a long time before finally finding it just as Limited Edition stopped offering it. It is called Standing Strand if anyone wants to search for it second hand. This stamp image seems timeless. Could be vintage, could be modern. I cropped the image somewhat for this card."

I am not sure what I like more - her great choice of the image or her fabulous background.

Martha has been crafting all her life and has been stamping for over 15 years. She lives and stamps in Santa Rosa, California.

Martha's take on stamping and some details about how she crafted her card:
"There is always new and interesting aspects to stamping. Background techniques are a favorite part of paper crafting. The cowboy card background was made for a challenge (another thing I love!). It started with a Technique Junkie technique, Cuddlebug embossing waxpaper ironed on to cardstock as a resist. The challenge was to add masking and spray inks to waxpaper resist. Using a Sizzix die to cut flourishes from Reynolds Freezer Paper meant I could make my own mask. Iron on the Freezer Paper mask, spray, dry and remove it. Made for a fun project!"

Check out more of Martha's art at Peachy Papercrafting.


Here's Kathay's card (which will be displayed June 21st through May 4th):

Kathay used I Brake for Stamps images for this great card! Don't you love the coloring? And her choice of background paper was perfect for a golfing card!

She's been stamping for over 10 years and enjoys embossing as well as using watercolors (H2Os) and chalks in her projects. You can see more of her wonderful art at the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo group!

Meet Kathay:
"I am a sign language interpreter, specializing in medical. I’ve been interpreting at least 26 years and my work is so serious I found stamping to be a way to “release”. I thought it was cheaper than a psychologist or psychiatrist but I was wrong – Much more expensive after all…LOL (but also much more fun)."

I asked Kathay what inspired this particular card. Here's what she told me:
"I saw this stamp set on IBFS as a “preview” and my son and grandson’s faces appeared in my mind’s eye. I love that set and just had to have it. I felt a weird connection and knew that it was made for Mike and Michael, Jr."

Want to be part of the fun? The Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group is open to all who enjoy stamping and papercrafting. Join in on the fun and become a Gingersnapper today!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats to both winners! These are both awesome!

    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous - big congrats to the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS CARD! I love that image!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin