Friday, July 10, 2009

Manufacturer Mania: Collage Resources

As I researched a great manufacturer to highlight both our theme of fun and games and our focus on collage this month, I realized that there were too many excellent sources to spotlight just one!

So in the spirit of collage, bringing many different items together, I decided to assemble a whole list of fabulous places to go explore and find excellent collage supplies and embellishments!

If you are looking for a great one stop shop, Alpha Stamps has amazing rubber, collage images and fantastic elements to add to your creations! I have a lot of their stamps but I also just adore their collage sheets. For a peak at their take on fun and games, check out this page!

Here's a quick card I made using a bird image from Alpha Stamps and a collage image from Inka Stamps.


Another great source of great quality collage sheets, Artchix Studios is a self-proclaimed source for "art bits". I love their "Art Blast" playing cards and to get into the party mood, their Party Hats collage sheet is total fun! Also fun are their Playful Gents and their Classic Games collage sheets!

This is a Halloween sign I made with an Artchix image and a vintage flash card.


For an inspiring romp through vintage materials, I love the Collage Closet! At the Collage Closet, you can get vintage labels, charms, scraps, old photographs and eclectic ephemera. My personal favorite is the fabulous collage packs that they offer. Collage Closet has a whole page of game pieces!

I got the amazing collage package above from Collage Closet at the recent West Springfield Heirloom Productions Stamp and Papercrafts Festival. Just looking at it invokes all kinds of project to mind!

Always a great place to find what your looking for, the Frantic Stamper has a whole section devoted to collage. They have elements, playing cards, charms, dominoes, puzzle pieces and a whole assortment of other game pieces. They also carry some great books to get you going with collage!

Of course, the concept of found objects and images is at the heart of collage. Here's a couple pages I made during a Kelly Kilmer class for beginning collage artists:



There are tons more great collage sources to check out! Members of our Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group have access to our Collage Resources database as well as databases for stamp manufacturers, designer paper resources, challenge blogs, publications and events. Join today and get access to it all!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Shar, what really awesome creations!! I just love your fun collage ephemera and the images are awesome!! I especially LOVE the Halloween project!! ;) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah these are great. lovely vibrant colours and a good balance with texture. I treated myself to the Claudine Hellmouth (spelling probably wrong and not infront of me) It came this morning so have had my head in it for hours. Great book, Great tip!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin