Sunday, July 5, 2009

Our July Home Page Art Winner

Congratulations to Gerrie Johnnic who created this month's winning Home Page Art for Gingersnap Creations' Yahoo Group! Gerrie really embraced our "Great Outdoors" theme!

Gerrie has been stamping for about 7 or 8 years and she loves it! Her love of techniques shows in her absolutely fabulous art! Gerrie says that she loves "the sharing and the caring by sending the card itself."

Stamps - "It Doesn't Get Much Better" from the Thomas Kincade series - Cornish Heritage Farms

When I asked about what sparked her great submission for Home Page Art, Gerrie shared:
"What inspired this piece? The new alcohol ink colors, lites & brites inkspired this piece. I thought I could lay down the inks by looking at the stamp and get a cool look, and by golly it worked! All I did was put the ink on the craft sheet, dab the applicator tool into it, and dab onto glossy cs. Then stamped on the it. You all ought's try it, great results!"

When asked what she loves about stamping, Gerrie told me:
"I share my love of papercrafting with my daughter and daughter in law, so that is really cool! I love to learn new things. Right now, I'm taking a metal embossing on line class (first online class), and starting another class soon. I don't always have time to play, but I try."

She also shared some thoughts on the stamping and papercrafting world in general:
"It's moving so fast, like life itself. It is so easy to reach the "I have too much stuff" point today. Always something new, always gotta have it! "

To see more of Gerrie's art, check out her fantastic blog, Queen of Grunge!

Join our Yahoo Group and join in next month's home page art contest! Our theme is "Surf & Sand".

3 comments:

  1. omgoodness! this is absolutely gorgeous. i would be priceless in a museum - that's how gorgeous it is - at least to me.

    way to go gerrie!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is gorgeous, a true work of art. Congrats Gerrie!!! Thanks for sharing your talents and we are lucky to have your in this group of talented ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous art, beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin