Friday, August 14, 2009

Sharon Briss: Getting Cozy with Chipboard

Stamps: Stampington and Repeat Impressions. More details.

As our Spicy Supply Challenge this month is chipboard, I thought I would share a project I did as a gift for my in-law's new beach house. I found this great Maya Road mini album shaped like a house and I had my two themes - beach and house. I know, I am not the most original!

I love this sentiment, " The Road to a Friends House is Never Long", so much that I didn't want to detract from it with any images. This rich stripe paper really set it off!

Stamp: A Muse. More details.

The trick to applying the paper to these shapes is to use enough glue and to close cut around the edges. After cutting close to the edges, take a piece of sandpaper or a sanding block and sand down the edges until they are nice and tight to the chipboard. Voila! Instant distress and a lovely edge as well.

I fashioned each spread to appeal to all the different types of guests my parents-in-law might have at their new seaside retreat.

For the beachcombers:

Stamps: OnyxXpressions, Impression Obsession. More details.

For the explorers:


Stamps: OnyxXpressions, Beeswax Rubber Stamps. More details.

For those with tidal toddlers:



Stamp: 100 Proof Press. More details.

For those nautically-inclined:



Stamps: River City Rubber Stamps, PSX. More details.

For the sightseers:

Stamps: Invoke Arts, Impression Obsession. More details.

And a page for all beach babes:

Stamps: Stampsmith, Rubber Tree Stamps. More details.

For the final page I wanted to show the real point of a home away from home - relaxation.

Stamps: 100 Proof Press, Art Impressions. More details.

I had a lot of fun making this album and picking images and papers that worked with the theme.

Have some fun with chipboard and join in on our latest challenge! We can't wait to see what you create!

Only one day left to get those Design Team Applications in and join in on all the fun!

4 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! Looks like you spend a lot of time on it. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful, thoughtful gift. And what fun for their guests to look through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who wouldn't love to receive this wonderful album? Don't know how you do it! You are so creative, am so glad I find you and the group. Everyone is so willing to sharing, it amazes me each day. Thanks again. Can't wait to see your next creation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are going to Love this adorable book!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin