Thursday, August 6, 2009

Alison Manning: Happy Play Days

Don't you love days when you can just play? They don't happen very often for me, but yesterday I did set aside some time while my daughter was in camp. And I decided to take the Mixed Media Monday challenge, which is to make a piece using nature's blues and brown.

This month on Gingersnaps we're focusing on patterned paper and when I was looking through my stash of scraps, I came across this bird on a Cavallini & Co scrap. I knew it would be perfect for this piece.

In case you're interested, here's how the layers came together:














The finished piece measures 4" x 5". Stamps by Artistic Outpost, Oxford Impressions and Stamp Camp.

Thanks for visiting Gingersnap Creations today. If it's your first time - welcome! You can check out the side bar for all our current challenges, blog candy and design team call.

10 comments:

  1. WOW!!! This is so so gorgeous!!! I love this gorgeous creation!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This is awesome. Love everything about it, and thanks SO MUCH for sharing your step-by-step!! (Aaah, that's why I love this site so much :) )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally stunning...love it, love it, love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is amazing.
    Really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Love this piece and the distressed corrugated card background. Great tutorial as well. Great play day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning. I love you little tutorials, they really help. I need all the help to force me outside of the box. Thank you for such an awesome blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is totally awesome! I love the layers & colours. Fabulous piece of art!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful piece, Ali! Thanks for participating in a MMM challenge! Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin