Monday, August 3, 2009

Our August Home Page Art Winner

Congratulations to Lynn Stevens who submitted this gorgeous Tri-Shutter card for the August Home Page Contest!



Our theme was "Sand and Surf"and Lynn managed to capture that idea beautifully in this elegant and intricate card!

Lynn has been stamping and doing altered art for about 8 years. She is a design team member for both Artistic Outpost and I Brake for Stamps and is looking forward to appearing as a guest artist on a few stamping sites in the near future. Lynn has also been published in Altered Arts, Stamper's Sampler, Take Ten, Take Ten Catch Up Issue, and Vamp Stamp News. A beautiful piece of Lynn's art was just featured on the cover of the August/September Stamper's Sampler!

I asked Lynn what she loves about stamping and she confided:
"The whole creative process from selecting the stamps, paper and embellishments and then seeing it all come together and saying 'Wow. I did that! '"

When I asked Lynn what inspired this particular card, she told me:
"What inspired me for the home page was Shelly Hickox from Stamptramp (incredibly talented lady). She had done a tri-shutter card and I just had to give it a try. I love I Brake for Stamps images and thought this would be perfect for it."

To see more of Lynn's art, visit her blog Trash to Treasure Art. She told me that she has only had a blog since last November. She shared:
"I can't believe how involved I have gotten in it. I have met so many wonderful artists out there in blogland."

Lynn's art will appear on the sidebar of our blog and on the front page of our Yahoo Group from August 5th to September 4th, 2009.

Join our Yahoo Group and enter our next Home Page Art Contest! Our September theme is "Apples".

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! So gorgeous!! Beautiful creation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is incredible! I love anything AO and these colors and this tri-fold card are just awesome together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin