Hello there!!! My name is Elina and I am a scrapbooker from Greece and I love altering items too!! I am really excited to be in the DT here and I promise to provide tons of inspiration and fun with all the talented crafters here!!
So... We are girls, we are stars and we love some sparkle in our lives!! I am going to show you a few fun tricks you can do with glitter to jazz up your layouts, cards, ATCs and all your crafty artwork.
1. Paint your chipboard with acrylics a color that will match your glitter. Here, I have chosen black that will sparkle with my crystal fine glitter.
2. Apply a generous amount of glue with your paintbrush. It can be Diamond glaze, glossy accents, even pva glue, as long as it dries up transparent.
3. Pour a super generous amount of glitter on top of it and start dabbing with your hand so that the glitter will stick down for good.
4. Tap it so that the excess glitter will come off. Make sure to put back in the container all the excess glitter, you don’t want to throw it away!!!
5. Leave your chipboard to dry completely (I usually leave it overnight just to be 100% sure!!)
6. And the most important part comes now… take your chipboard and apply again a coat of glue on top of it, this seals the glitter and you don’t have sparkles all over your artwork and hands!!
1. Stamp a design in plain white paper. It works best with stamps that don’t have very fine details and are more compact.
2. Place a piece of acetate on top of the stamped image and start tracing it with liquid glue (again any glue that dries up transparent is good for this technique)
3. Pour a generous amount of glitter on top of it and tap with your hands lightly so that it sticks down.
4. Tap the excess glitter off and with the help of a dry clean paintbrush brush lightly around the design to take off the glitter that is stuck all around due to static electricity. Leave your design to dry (I leave it overnight).
5. Cut around your design and you now have a transparent glittery embellishment to use!!
Glitter bottle caps:
Follow the same steps as for the glitter chipboard in the center of the bottle caps and you’ll have some shiny embellishments to use on your pages.