Monday, September 28, 2009

Alison Manning: Inchie Master Board Technique

Sharon did an awesome Master Board Tutorial in May. I decided to follow up with a slight twist on this technique that I've called Inchie Collage. It can be used to create small pieces of art, such as inchies, twinchies or even ATCs. Each inchie is created from a master board, but there's plenty of scope to decorate each one individually to make unique pieces of art.

Here's the card I made using this technique:


Let's get started. Using black ink, stamp a few large images
in varying directions onto a 8 1/2" x 11" piece of vanilla c/stock.


Fill in all areas with medium and small stamps - do not leave any gaps.
This is going to allow lots of detail on the inchies.


Sponge stripes of ink onto the master board.

Cut the master board into 1 1/4" strips.


Create pleasing compositions using the 1" square punch as a guide
and create as many inchies from each strip of master board as you can.



Lay out your master board inchies onto a piece of white c/stock.
They are ready to use in your projects.

You can decorate each one individually or use them in grouping as I did on my card above and this little accordion folded book.


Thanks for stopping by Gingersnap Creations!


Stamp credits: Non Sequitur and Cornish Heritage Farms.

13 comments:

  1. wow wow wow !!! this is fantastic, i will definately try it!! tfs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful. I will be giving it a go one day soon - hopefully

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, Ali, this is gorgeous!!! What an awesome idea - I will definitely be trying this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to use a masterboard! Beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow ,look at all those gorgeous inchies, just think how many projects you can make with all of them, Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superb class. It has given me ideas for using inchies. Thanks. I was finding them rather small.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea - will be a real help for me on my inchy challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliantly guided through. Very simple with great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I was soooo inspired by your work that I decided I just had to have a go. You can see my finished piece HERE. Thank you so much for sharing your detailed instructions, it's always fun to learn new techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is going to the top of my 'To do' list.

    I love inchies! I think I'll try it with Christmas stamps too - for making Christmas Cards

    Thanks!!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cool idea! I am going to have to try it! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. totally awesome, i followed the directions and was very please with the results!
    sistahme

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin