Saturday, October 3, 2009

October Home Page Art Winner

We are happy to announce that Lisa Somerville is our October Home Page Art Winner! Congratulations, Lisa!

Lisa has been stamping since 2002 and is on several design teams including Artistic Outpost, Starving Artistamps, The Rubber Cafe, and Kitchen Sink Stamps. Lisa is also a designer for the Technique Junkie Newsletter.

This month, our theme was "Spooky" and Lisa created a great card that not only fit the theme but did it with playfulness and humor.

Credits: Witch Trio from Starving Artistamps

When I asked Lisa what inspired this particular card, she told me:
"I had recently picked up the BasicGrey paper pack at a scrap show and was dying to use it, it was one of those weeks, when everything just seemed to be going wrong - thus the sentiment I used. "

I loved the look of her card so I asked how the whole thing came together and Lisa shared:
"The image is stamped in Black on Watercolor paper, then colored using the Marker Watercolor Technique - from a past issue of the Technique Junkies Newsletter."

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, I wanted to know what Lisa's favorite part of this spooky holiday. She told me:
"I enjoy seeing all the kids dressed up in their costumes going Trick-or-Treating. My husband and I loved dressing the boys for Halloween, now that they're older, we have fun dressing our Yellow Lab."

Finally, I asked Lisa what love about stamping. Her reply:
"I love sharing my creative ideas, and the friends stamping has brought into my life."

So where else can you see Lisa Somerville's great art? Lots of places!!

She has recently been published in the Autumn Issue of Take Ten, the October/November 2009 Issue of Stamper's Sampler (on the cover and several cards inside), the December 2009 issue of Crafts N Things, the 2009 Just Cards! Holiday issue, and the Just Cards Extravaganza!

Where's the best place to check out Lisa's art? Right on her own wonderful blog - Splendiferous Creations!

Lisa's card will remain on the home page of the Yahoo Group and on the sidebar of the Gingersnap Creations blog until November 6th, on the 7th we will show you the November winner!

Want to get in on our November Home Page Art contest? Join the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo group and get stamping! The theme for November is "Family". Submissions will be accepted until November 25th.

3 comments:

  1. I loved this card as soon as I saw it, it was a clear winner amongst many magnificent cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything about this card, Lisa!! So happy I'll get my giggles from it all month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! What a great image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin