Friday, November 13, 2009

Drawing with Glue Pens and Embossing powders

In this tutorial I will show you a very easy technique for using glue pens and embossing powders. The embossing powders just love the glue pen lines.


This is the red card after I have drawn some simple lines on it.

The embossing powder is applied.


The excess powder tipped off and heat set.

I will now use the fine glue pen to add some black glittery lines and create a tartan look.

I will now add the powder and tip off the excess.


This is the result after it is heat set.

Here are some other simple ideas, but as you can see it can be used in many different ways. It is very versatile.

Here is an example of where I have used this technique to create a backing paper to mount onto.
I hope you find this useful. I like the freedom of line it allows and the possibility of using embossing powders in another way.

10 comments:

  1. These look great, I love that quickie glue pen, it's one of the most useful things I have (especially at Christmas!) Thanks for these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tartan effect!! Thanx for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab tutorial Laura, thanks for sharing..I would never have thought to use the Quickie pens like that!! Off to try it now x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding tutorial, Laura! This gives me a reason to dig out my glue pen. I had bought it early in my crafting endeavors and moved away from it but great way to make some fabulous and individual backgrounds and embellishments! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, I have some glue pens and just never think to use them this way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doh! I bought a Versamarker just to do this sort of embossing. It never occured to me that I could use the glue pens I already had.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I've grown to love my glue pen and now I can love it in a whole new way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know you could emboss with glue pens! This opens up lots of new possibilities. Thanks for an excellent tutorial, Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin