Sunday, November 8, 2009

Guest Designer - Lisa Somerville

Hi Everyone! I'm thrilled to be a Guest Designer here on Gingersnap Creations sharing some creations made with this months sponsor Paper Temptress. One of the things I've fallen in love with using the beautiful papers at Paper Temptress, is how beautiful the embossing looks using embossing folders with the card stock. The embossing is so reach and detailed as seen in some of my samples below.

This card features the Multi Step Hanukkah set, here I stamped ala Warhol Style, in shades of Memento Blue Inks. The beautiful Silver card stock is the Smoothie Silver Lustre from Paper Temptress, embossed with the CuttleBug Snowflake die. The card stock embosses wonderfully and has a beautiful shimmer!



Here I embossed the Tuscan Sun Brawny from Paper Temptress with the CuttleBug Damask Folder, and sponged the edges with Soft Suede, the Brawny Card Stock it another great paper source for embossing folders - the embossing is so deeply etched! The beautiful Gold layers on my card are Paper Temptress Gold Metallic Ultimate Glossy. For some added color I used a piece of Indian Summer paper from Basic Grey and added some Drywall Stitching. The Turkey is from Kitchen Sink Stamps Multi Step Turkey Trot plate - isn't he handsome!


Another sample using the Brawny card stock and embossing folders using Godspeed from Stampin' Up! (retired). The image is stamped in Black on Creamy Caramel card stock, then I applied the Sepia Technique. I layered this panel onto some beautiful Copper Mica from Paper Temptress. I used the Stars Cuttlebug folder and embossed my Citron Green Brawny panel, I also used the Distressed Stripes folder to emboss my other Citron Green Panel, then applied Soft Suede ink to highlight the embossing. My base card uses Canyon Brown Classic Columns card stock from Paper Temptress- it's a lightly textured card stock.


This last card features the following papers from Paper Temptress, Pop Tones, Silver Metallic Ultimate Glossy and Iron Ore Brawny. I used the Faux Marbling Technique in Red and Grey Inks on a piece of Red Hot Pop Tones card stock from the Paper Temptress. Layering on a beautiful piece of Silver Metallic Ultimate Glossy. I used the Silver panels under the Iron Ore Brawny panels. The focal image is from the Vintage Circus plate from Artistic Outpost, stamped in Black Archival on Watercolor paper. I used the Marker Water Coloring Technique to color the image.


Thanks for letting me share some of my creations using the wonders papers from Paper Temptress with you.

2 comments:

  1. wow! embossing surely looks fantastic on thosa papers! beautiful artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely stunning! What an eye you have for color.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin