Saturday, November 7, 2009

November Home Page Art
It's a Tie! Again!

What can I say? "LS" won again! Yes, both Lisa Somerville and Lynn Stevens tied for Home Page Artist this month. Both of these talented artists have previously graced our home page and we are happy to have them both back again!!

We will feature Lisa Somerville's stunning card first from November 7th to November 20th and then we will show Lynn Stevens' gorgeous journal from November 22nd to December 4th.

I sat down to talk to both of them about their wonderful creations. Today, I'll share my conversation with Lisa about her fabulous art.

Lisa Somerville

I asked Lisa what had inspired this particular piece. She shared:
"I love the vintage stamps from Artistic Outpost and thought this image was perfect for the Family call. The image of the men and collage images surrounding them just seemed fitting."

All stamps are from Artistic Outpost.

I really loved the quote Lisa used for her card. I asked her what drew her to those words and she told me:
"The quote is from the Artistic Outpost Generations plate, it coordinates well with the Generations Redux plate and is very fitting for the images of the men dressed in their suits."

We are quickly coming into the season for family holidays. I asked Lisa about her favorite family holiday and she said:
"My favorite family holiday is Christmas. Although most of my family is not local anymore, we've set our own Christmas traditions with our family. Christmas Eve is spent at the In-laws. Christmas Day my husband and I make a big breakfast for the kids, then we open presents. Later Christmas Day, we spend with his extended family. "

Eventhough it had only been a month since we had the pleasure of talking with Lisa on the Gingersnap Creations blog, I wanted to know if Lisa had any news to share. She told me:
"I'm excited to have joined the PaperTemptress and InStyle Stamps Design Teams. I have some upcoming work being published in Stampington's Winter Take Ten, and Artella's Art Journal Journey Magazine."

Congratulations to Lisa on her new teams! Lisa is also a valued member of the following design teams: Artistic Outpost, Kitchen Sink Stamps, JustRite, as well as being a designer for Technique Junkies.

To see more of Lisa Somerville's wonderful art, please visit her at Splendiferous Creations.

Come back again on the 22nd for my interview with co-winner Lynn Stevens!

In the meantime, if you want in on the next Home Page Art Contest, become a member of the Gingersnap Creations Yahoo group and submit an entry! If you win, we will feature your art on the Yahoo Group Home Page and on the sidebar of the blog. This month's theme is "Frosty".

2 comments:

  1. Lisa its an Honor to share the spotlight with you! I don't know how you manage to keep up with everything and still pour out Gorgeous art with ever piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lynn! What a pleasure to share the home page spotlight with you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin