Sunday, November 22, 2009

November Home Page Art - Part Deux

At the beginning of the month, I told you that we had, once again, had a tie for Home Page Artist for November! It seems we have such talented and amazing Gingersnappers in our Yahoo Group that it is very hard to choose a winner!

Both our winning artists have graced our posts before, Lisa Somerville and Lynn Stevens, and we are very happy to have them both back!

A couple of weeks ago, I shared my interview with Lisa Somerville. Today, I want to share my conversation with Lynn Stevens!

Stamp from I Brake for Stamps.

I asked Lynn what inspired the design of her journal. She responded:
"I love working with mixed media and incorporating different textures and elements into my art. Besides doing the submission for the contest, I knew I wanted to create something I could give away as blog candy for my one year blogaversary."

I loved the way she used texture and color on her journal. I asked her how did she created the title block and the family image. She told me:
"The block title "Our Family Tree" actually came from a vintage folder that belonged to my Grandmother. I had copies made then did a gel transfer from it. The Family image is a stamp from I Brake for Stamps and depicted the perfect image I was looking for. I stamped this on vellum."

I recently heard that Lynn was featured in the lastest Somerset Studio. I mentioned that she had used lace for some of those pieces just as she had on her Family Tree Journal. I wanted to know what drews her to this delicate embellishment and she shared:
"I love all things vintage and have quite a collection now. I love using bits and pieces in my art - old lace, buttons, religious cards, medals, and crosses. They all have special meaning to me. I was so thrilled when Somerset Studios published so many of my pieces. It was quite unexpected."




To find out more information about Lynn's published pieces in Somerset Studio, please check out her blog post about it.

We are quickly coming into the season for family holidays, so I asked Lynn which of the upcoming family holidays was her favorite. She told me:
"Oh, Christmas is by far my favorite. We have our family traditions. A Christmas Eve with family and close friends; Christmas day we spend at our families homes. Every third year, we throw a Huge Christmas party.

But my favorite of all is decorating. Our entire home is filled with decorations. The bay window has my Elf collection with around 50 different elves with an indoor and outdoor scene. Our yard looks like the Griswold's. (seriously) I have different themes set up all over our yard that I have made over the years - a penguin village, a gingerbread village, a choir of snowmen, - and candy canes and lollipops surround the front yard. Thousands of lights. A big Merry Chrismoose on our roof. We have even been featured in the newspaper!

It's a huge undertaking to set up. Our son helps us, but still takes the three of us about a week. We start the day after Thanksgiving. Our power bill takes a huge jump for the month of December, but its worth every penny."


To see more of Lynn's fabulous art, please visit her at Trash to Treasure Art.

Remember, you too can be featured as a Home Page Artist by becoming a Gingersnap Creations Yahoo Group Member and winning our monthly contest.

3 comments:

  1. Lynn and Lisa your work is fabulous!!! I am one of your biggest fans!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic article. Great to hear more about Lynn and hr fabulous work. I would love to see her house at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great interview! I love Lynn's work, and it's so much fun to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin