Thursday, December 17, 2009

Chanukkah Gift Card Box by Hetty

This box is a different way for giving money. Inside this box is a little envelope where you can put either money or a gift card. I did not come up with the idea myself, but I got the idea from Club Scrap. Today I made a box for Chanukkah. It is a costum to give money - or gelt as we say.

The lid of the box is done with the now so popular herringbone technique. In the Club Scrap Cinema, you can see a video tutorial about it.

On the outside, I have four dreidles with the four different hebrew letters you see on the dreidl game that children play on Chanukkah.

All papers and stamps you see here are by Club Scrap. The stamps are still available, but the papers have been sold out for this was a special release in 2006. I am glad I still have some left.

On the lid, I made a handle with a Star of David eyelet and some beads to lift it. I added some beads on metal wire, made it into a circle and put it through the middle hole of the star, then made the ends split like a brad.

Would you like to see a variation? I have another one on my BLOG. And I am sure some of you would love trying this box to, so I have a template for you HERE.

6 comments:

  1. I like the one on your blog and this one, too! This is a brilliant idea for a gift card - thank you for showing it to us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great gift box...I will have to try this one. Thanks for sharing Hetty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin