Monday, December 14, 2009

Clean, Simple and Quick Note Card Set

I have a last minute gift idea to share with you today that's clean, simple, quick and inexpensive - a set of note cards with matching envelopes.

As a card maker, I like the 6" x 6" pads of patterned paper from Basic Grey and other companies, but only use a few favorite sheets and then am left with the remainder. And I just can't throw them away! I decided to use up some of this excess paper for some gifts sets to save money and give me a little more breathing room in my studio.

To make this gift set, I reached for Basic Grey's Stella Ruby pad and paired it with a stamp set by Hearts in Touch called #91 Hit Patterns.

A lot of the plainer sheets were left in the pad - the ones that have no specific pattern, just a nice texture and I figured they would be a good surface to stamp these great collage images on.

Once the images were stamped on the patterned paper, I trimmed and matted them onto black c/stock. A punched sentiment and a button embellishment finished them off. Very quick and easy!

To make the gift a little more special, I decided to line the envelopes with some of the patterned paper (this also helped use up more of the paper pad!). Here's how I did it:











Here is the final gift all packed up inside a clear card box and ready to go. I hope the recipient likes it!

9 comments:

  1. Love these, Ali. What a great way to use up those sheets of paper - I have tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely project and a great way to use the excess paper for the envelopes .
    beautiful how you wrapped it up .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous notecard set! What a smart way to use up all those scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are absolutely gorgeous. i just love what you did to the envelopes! wow!

    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely Gorgeous Ali!!
    What a fabby way to use up scraps of paper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely, if the person receiving them wants to tape or glue her envelopes shut. How else will they be able to seal them?

    ReplyDelete
  7. fantastic gift idea, so quick and simple too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this same paper pad! Now I know what to do with it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! This would make a great Christmas gift! I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin