Saturday, December 12, 2009

Guest Designer: Hetty

Hello! I am Hetty Sanders from The Netherlands and I have been asked to join this blog with some of my art for Hanukkah.

Just a little introduction: I am 53, married to Raymond and have two grown daughters. I am a primary school teacher by profession. I have been stamping for many, many years. I am a Technique Junkie and love Club Scrap and Michael Strong Stamps (I am the moderator of his Yahoo Group) and I have my own 2 blogs. One is my own art and one is art for children, teachers, moms and grandmoms. Feel free to take a peek: Chraftchaos and Craftchaos4kidz.

As it is the 2nd evening of Hanukkah, I made this tag to show you. I was inspired by tag #4 on the Blog of Tim Holtz (where you can see some detailed instructions). All stamps on this tag are by Club Scrap (and they are on sale now!!). For the background different colors of distress inks are used on a manilla tag.

Above you can see a close-up of the middle medaillion. I adapted a frame somewhat like Tim did. In the middle, I stamped and put it behind the window and filled it with crackle glossy accent and some golden pearl. Beads and a little silver dreidl are hanging from the bottom.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag, and a really clever version of Tim's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hetty, I loved your distressed Hanukkah tag! It's beautiful! It's so nice to see some Hanukkah art! Roberta
    www.creativeunblock.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful tag - thanks for sharing your work with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot even express how beautiful your tag is! Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love Hetty's work and have been an admirer of hers for some time. Wonderful art as always!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally awe-inspiring, Hetty! So nice to see such lovely art to celebrate such a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin