Friday, January 22, 2010

The Lovely Layered Art of Yvonne Hagane

Yvonne Hagane's stunning style that is better seen than described. What I loved when I first encountered it was all the wonderful details and paper layering.

Recently, I spoke to Yvonne and she shared that she loves to experiment with die-cuts. When I asked her what started her off in this direction, she told me: "Well, As soon as I got my first Spellbinders dies I was bitten by the bug so to speak :) I just love that they are so versatile and can be used in so many different ways! And it is such an easy way to "dress up" a card. "

Another aspect of Yvonne's art that I found fascinating was how she colors her images with distress ink. She has recently done a tutorial on how she paints with distress inks. You can find the link here.

I really enjoy Yvonne's art and I think you will too! This is a selection of Yvonne's work using Serendipity Stamps. I've listed the stamps she used under the link to her original post.



Old Country Scene

Serendipity Stamps: 1145K - Barn and Windmill

Snowflake Fourish Card

Serendipity Stamps: 1197B - Snowflake Flourish Small
Mustang

Serendipity Stamps: 344H - Mustang

Ghosties

Serendipity Stamps: 669H - Ghosties

Garden Wagon

Serendipity Stamps: 766G - Garden Wagon


Snowflake Flourish Ornament
with more information and another ornament here.

Serendipity Stamps: 1196QCL - Snowflake Flourish Cling Set


Christmas Chapel

Serendipity Stamps: 484K - Christmas Chapel


Bear with Heart

Serendipity Stamps: 1088E - Bear with Heart

Autumn Owl

Serendipity Stamps: 1182G - Autumn Owl


I hope you have enjoyed these beautiful cards and I hope you will visit Yvonne at her blog, Yvonne's Stamps, Paper and Ink.

To see more of her Serendipity Stamp art, you can visit Yvonne's gallery on the Serendipity Stamps website.

7 comments:

  1. Wow... your not kidding, her creation's are outstanding...

    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what beautiful cards. I've added her blog to my faves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning cards, Yvonne! Love the layers and the gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness. I'm speechless. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, These are truly works of art. I Love all those gorgeous die cuts and her coloring is fantastic. Stunning dosent even begin to describe her work!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Her art is so beautiful. I am trying to locate the center die she used on her Merci Bouquet card. She said it is a spellbinders die cut but I have not been able to find it.Please thank her for sharing her art. Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin