Saturday, February 20, 2010

Time Warp by Jennie

First of all a big thank you to Shar and Ali, for letting me post here and for allowing me to be manufacturer of the month. I am very honoured. I do hope that you like what everyone has been producing with The Artistic Stamper stamps and I, for one, love all the gorgeous pieces of artwork have been created. Thank you everyone.

Shar asked me if I would like to do a post , and this is my entry for 3 colours you love. I love red, and pinks and yellows, and I have combined them into a small picture using Ten Seconds Studio metal, alcohol inks (my favourite medium of all time!), and stamping, of course.


I started out with a piece of thick chipboard which I spread PVA glue on, and then dropped different shades of alcohol ink over it. It spreads out and melts together and when it is dry, it gives the most wonderful background finish.

While it was still wet, I added some watch pieces and a clear watch face. The metal piece was made with one of the new Ten Seconds Studio moulds, and I ran this through my Big Shot. Then I sanded off the high points, and sprayed it with Glimmer mist and Crafty Notions Mica spray.


The Frame was a piece of chipboard cut to fit, and covered in Spiced Rum metal, then stamped with Red Stazon using the open Sequin stamp and, finally, when it was all in place I used a little metal wheel to accent some of the metal. Finally, the square watch piece had some Idea-ology fitted to it.


All of the above bits and pieces and of course the stamps are available from The Artistic Stamper.

It was a pleasure to make something a little different to show you.
Happy Creating
Jennie

11 comments:

  1. Wow-- that is BEYOND cool! Looks like I need to visit The Artistic Stamper and give my credit card a little workout. Thanks for the great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So kewl Jennie!!!! I'll be giving the pva glue and inks a try for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT TUTORIAL! I have loved using your stamps and will have to order some more background ones. They are so great. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful gorgeous piece blown away. Thank you so much for the pvc/ink method will have to try that asap. Blownaway.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PVA and ink!!! Interesting combo, and a great piece created as a result, I'm extreamly jelious of you having one of the new TSS mold's though, you lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fab piece! I've not tried PVA and inks, but it looks great so it's going on the "must try" list. Thanks so much, Jennie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool is that? Beautiful and very inspirational piece! Thank you so much for being our sponsor this month and for such a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great creativity! Its fun to see what can be done with Ten Seconds. Inspires me to play!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous piece, Jennie! LOVE the effect you got dropping the inks into the glue - WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this piece really alot going on and all fits so well together!

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh now that is fantastic. Very cool! Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin