Thursday, February 25, 2010

Tutorial : Tag in a card



I love making tags, and often would rather make them instead of a card. I wanted to find a way to incorporate a tag into a card, so that the recipient can remove the tag, and each piece stands alone.


I hit on this simple card fold idea, which has a removable tag, which could be used as a bookmark. The greeting is written on the reverse of the tag, and due to the gusset fold of the card, it doesn't collapse when on display, as top folded cards often can.

To make, cut two pieces of card to the measurements shown.

Score and fold

and glue the tabs inside, leaving a slit open at the top

for the tag to fit into

This leaves you two bare surfaces to decorate. Remember to save all your dimensional decorations for the front of the card or the top of the tag, as the tag needs to be flat to fit into the slit. This also makes it perfect for use as a book mark.

I decorated my card and tag with stamps from the artistic stamper's new heart plate.

I'd love to see what people do with this template,
Joanne

14 comments:

  1. Oh cool! Its Mothers Day soon in the UK, I might adapt the card for this! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous idea and with endless possibilities! Love your sample. It's just fantastic! Thanks for a great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab idea! I love making tags but it can be difficult to use them. Thanks for such a great tutorial
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Idea and beautiful card. Thankyou for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great card and so unique. I can't wait to give it a try! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a creative card, and looks like it's straight forward enough to make lots! This is going into my idea file for Christmas cards. Your card and tutorial have definitely inspired me! Thanks, Joanne!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A simple idea that can be used for any occassion. I can see lots of these making an appearance soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great tutorial Joanne. Looks extremely adaptable for lots of different occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have an old wallpaper book from the '20s and this card just screamed "perfect for wallpaper". So much for housework today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for another great tutorial. I've saved it to my to try list. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so great! and perfect timing! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin