Saturday, April 3, 2010

April Muse: Gerrie Johnnic

I have the pleasure to introduce to all the Gingersnappers out there someone who has been my personal muse since I ventured online with my art. Gerrie Johnnic is not only a wonderful artist with a fabulous style, but a fantastically supportive and sweet friend. She has not only inspired me with her beautiful creations, but she was also the first person to take time to comment on mine. I know that you will enjoy getting to know Gerrie and her art as much as I did.


Gerrie is currently on the Artistic Outpost design team and was one of their first design team members. She is also on the Technique Junkies Design Team and a Senior Designer for Creative Inspirations Paint. Previously, Gerrie designed for I Brake for Stamps, Lasting Impressions with Panache and Croppinsville. She has been published several times in Stamper's Sampler.

Q: How long have you been creating art?

A: Like most of us, from the beginning with Mom, tissue paper flowers and pipe cleaner thingamajigs. So it's always, in various forms.


Q: What is your favorite piece?

A: I have a piece of stained glass hanging in my front window. I made it after 9/11. It's a constant reminder of not only 9/11 but my Mom.


Q: How did this peice come about?

A:
When 9/11 happened, my Mom got sick, even though we were from the Chicago area, far from the destruction. She was so frightened that there would be a war on our soil, that she just never got well, and we lost her in exactly 5 months, to the day. While she was ill, I had to busy myself, and made a tribute to 9/11, and my Mom. It's the only big piece of stained glass I ever attempted. It's 24 x 31 and It hangs in my front window, a reminder for me every day. Although I have a big glass studio, I don't go in there anymore. Time to sell and move on.

Q: What is your favorite technique/medium and why?

A: My fav changes daily. Being a Technique Junkie, I do them all. The stamp usually decides the technique. I love backgrounds, the messier the better. Inky fingers are a way of life, as well as inky clothes!


Q: What 3 tools could you not live without?

A: Definitely, paper cutter, ruler and my Big Shot.


Q: What 3 supplies are always within arm's length?

A: Paper, ink and tape.


We are looking forward to Gerrie joining us this month to share some her fabulous art! In the meantime, you can check out her blog, Queen of Grunge.

All artwork in this post credited to Gerrie Johnnic.

11 comments:

  1. Your work looks wonderful I will be popping off to your blog to see more welcome to you and I look fwd to seeing what you will be doing this month

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Muse for April! Congrats Gerrie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gerrie, your work is always so stunning and so inspiring!! So excited to have you with us this month. And still so happy to have a piece of your art from the exchange! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tee hee, it is so different sitting here reading about ME! lol, I am so happy to be here......but I think the interviewer is good with words! Thanks Shar...I luv ya'!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gerrie, I was so suprised to hear your three favorite supplies. I thought # one for sure would be that Hooka pipe. LOL. Inspiring work as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Lynn's comment above..hehe. Having met this lovely lady in person*wink*.. she is a star! Great to see you as a muse..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning art work. So glad you will be our Muse this month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful art! Love reading how you came to art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't be happier to see even more of your art Gerrie! I am such a fan of this gal!! Your touching story about your mom really moved me and your stained glass piece is an exquisite memorial!! Love ya!
    p.s. Not fair that some of these people have already met you LOL I want to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gerrie's been an inspiration for me too! Love her work!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin