Thursday, April 1, 2010

Meet Our New Design Team Members

Spring is such a wonderful season! Everything is fresh and growing and wonderful! That's true of Gingersnap Creations as well. We have grown with some fresh new Design Team members this year and we'd like you to meet them!

By way of introduction, we asked each new member to tell us a bit about themselves and to make a Gingery creation that shows off their fabulous creativity and style.

Meet Dan

I'm a native of the north east of England and I've been told that I have a quirky style. I am known for my attention to detail and my use of multiple layered images which make my approach one that I think is all my own. I have a popular blog - My Crafty Life - with over 700 followers, weekly giveaways and frequent tutorial videos, and I try to always "stamp outside the box".

Here's Dan's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:



Meet Irit Shalom
Hi!! I am Irit and I am from sunny Israel. In my "real life", I am a dentist and, for the last 3 years, I do it as a part-time job because I need some extra time to run my Israeli online scrap shop. I have a lot of fun doing something else after 25 years of teeth.

I have been married for 28 years to retired high police officer and the full-time family cook these days. I am mom to 4 grown-ups: 2 sons and twin daughters and the empty nest is probably the main reason for my obsession for crafting - finally I have some time for myself! My oldest son is an army officer and recently married, a second one is " a world traveler" - for last 4 years after his army service he is out of Israel for at least 9 months a year. This year he lives in Spain and works there. My twin girls spent 2 years in the USA and now are back home for college

I need to say that I am totally addicted to crafting since I was a little girl. For many years, it was polymer clay and jewelry making, but after I saw scrapbook layouts for the first time in my life ( only 3 years ago during my visit to USA) I understood finally that I am in love with paper. Today, I mostly scrap and do altered art and am less a cardmaker, but I love it all and hope to show you all my sides here.

I love stamping, but as a scrapper I do it less and this is the reason I am so glad to be on this DT as here I can we wild with stamps and techniques. I have been blogging only for 10 months and during this time I became a challenge addict. I also won lots of non-random challenges and was a member of 7 Deisgn Teams on challenge blogs. Now I only am on 2 Design Teams - Gingersnap Creations including, as I did all my terms and need a bit of a rest. I also did lots of Guest Designer jobs and right now I was asked to be a Guest Designer in some Israel shops too. In December 2009, I was published with more than 20 works on 4 web scrap magazines - Scrapbooking News and Review, Scrap n' Art, Scrapstreet and Scrapboking.com and I have more than 25 works to be published there in the future too. Actually due to recent or future publishing by blog looks a bit empty with this "out for publication" signs. I was published several times in an only Israeli printed craft magazine called Hobiton in 2008-2009- now this one is closed.

And finally my other addiction is..... folk dancing!! So, if I am not in my crafting room, I am probably dancing. If you want to see a bit of my work you can visit my blog.

Here's Irit's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:



Meet Katy Fox
My name is Katy and I’ve been crafty for what feels like forever and papercrafting for around five or six years. I actually started out as a scrapbooker and still love scrapbooking today, but it didn’t take me long to work out my favourite products to use on my layouts were stamps and inkpads! That, of course, led to me expanding my crafty horizons into other areas. I make cards but it isn’t my favourite type of crafting activity; I do love to make little mini books, gift makes and sometimes jewellery pieces too. I’m not sure I really have a set ‘style’ of working but I am not really an arty kind of stamper – I’m more in the simple/traditional style.

I work full-time in publishing (you may recognise my name from UK magazine Craft Stamper) and live in a pretty town in the Midlands with my very patient other half and my nuttier-than-a-fruitcake dog. My other great love in life is Disney - I’m fascinated by the man behind this great American institution and can bore for England on the subject! My favourite place to be in the whole world is the EPCOT centre at Walt Disney World, Florida (already counting the days to my next trip!).

My blog is at http://www.postcardsfromtheattic.blogspot.com/ if you’d like a peek at my crafty efforts.

If I am honest I didn’t think I stood a chance of getting into the Gingersnaps team and almost didn’t apply (I took the plunge after some encouragement from the lovely Jo Capper-Sandon –thank you sweetie). Needless to say, I am over the moon to be working with such a hugely talented bunch of people and also a little nervous that my work won’t hold up to their wonderful creations! The whole way that Gingersnaps works is perfect for me – I’m looking forward to my role immensely.

Here's Katy's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:


Meet Linda Ledbetter
I live in Boise, Idaho, with my very patient sweetheart and three best feline friends. I’ve been playing with ink and paper all my life, but discovered stamping in the late 90s and have been addicted ever since. I don’t know that I have a “style", really, but my work usually falls solidly onto the “Grunge” end of the art spectrum. I love all things steampunk, distressed, ratty and a little off-kilter... Admittedly, I don't do cute very well, although I admire those who do!

I am an affirmed and unrepentant product junkie, and there's nothing I love more than introducing something new into my art and learning cool techniques. If I’m not in the studio making art, I’m probably either blogging about it at my website (http://www.studiol3.com/) or admiring the work on other peoples’ blogs.

I’m thrilled and honored to be part of the Gingersnap Creations Design Team, and look forward to lots of creative bliss with my new friends!

Here's Linda's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:


We have a new Guest Designer too - Suzanne Brookfield!

Meet Suzanne Brookfield
Hello – mmmm I never really know what to say! Primarily, I am a mother and a wife. My paid employment is as a PA/Secretary and I do like to keep busy (which is just as well).

I have tried various hobbies and pastimes over the years but these have never lasted. However, I was introduced to “card making” in 2005 and have never looked back. My favourite thing now is to use inks and rubber stamps and my aim to create my own backgrounds more using different paint techniques. I don’t think I have a particular style – enjoying clean, grungy, shabby, vintage and the occasional cute. My favourite colour to wear is green but in my papercrafting I like to use all colours and I have a penchant for swirls and flourishes.

I do like to share my crafting with others both in the cyber world and in person .... and if there is a round robin or circle journal to join - I am in! I love to look at other people’s work and am always looking to evolve my crafting. I believe there is no right or wrong in the crafting world....as long as the crafter creating the piece of work is happy then a good job has been done! This is my first time as a guest designer and I am looking forward to it and hope you enjoy having me!

Here's Suzanne's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:


We also have added Jennie as our Dimensional Diva and Contributing Artist. She will be joining us for a regular monthly column on dimensional art and will play along with some of the challenges. Many of you will remember Jennie from our month with The Artistic Stamper in February.

Meet Jennie
Too old to tell you how old! I am married with 2 grown up children (my how time flies). I've been a rubber stamp manufacturer for the last 18 years or so. I got into stamping because I loved the idea of embossing with powder and, being a jeweller, it gave me another dimension which I seem to have brought into my artwork for my company and for myself! So I love all the products that are now available to be able to create with and, now, some of my best work is 3D (well at least I thinks so). See my blog at http://www.theartisticstamper.blogspot.com/.

Here's Jennie's Inaugural Gingersnapper Creation:


You'll be seeing a lot more of these new members around in the next weeks as they start to take part in all the fun here at Gingersnap Creations! Please welcome them into the Gingersnapper family!

15 comments:

  1. Welcome to all the new DT members, it's going to be fun having you on board. I know Jennie and have seen bits and pieces from some of the others - I am going to enjoy getting to know you all better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome all you new DT members!! It's so great to have you all on board! Can't wait to see all of your fabulous creations... you are all so talented, I am in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to all new creations by these very talented people!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Geeze, talk about amazing talent. Now I definitely can't leave hehe. Congratulations again to all of the Design team members

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats to all the DT members..some nice creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome to the new design team.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How wonderful! what a fantastic team and I am so looking forward to all your creations I have met some of you through blog land and I am so happy for you a BIG Congratulations to all of you

    Love & ((HUGS)) Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to everyone for such a warm welcome! I can't believe I get to work with this talented bunch of people, but I'm sure looking forward to learning a lot from you all, and making lots of new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  9. congratulations to all the new design team members! can't wait to see more of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a team!! Very excited to see faces the I recognise and also very much looking forward to visiting the blogs of those new to me. Loved reading the intros. All so different.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see lots of names I know - great additions to the team!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome hugz to everyone! I can't wait to play with you all! whooo hooo, go team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful projects from an amazing team looking forward to seeing more.
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fabulous, talented group of designers!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin