I used very thick card cut into A5 size for the covers, and liberally smooshed on Terra in a neutral colour. I used a palette knife, but a piece of Cut n Dry will do fine and I used one of the stamps from Botanical Plate 2 from The Artistic Stamper to give it some texture.
To make the bird, take a piece of coloured metal, and using a mould (I used a Ten Seconds Studio mould) and gently rub the metal into the mould with a paper stump, and then refine it a bit with a refining tool.
To stop it collapsing while die cutting, I stuck the metal to some card with strong double sided tape and ran this through the die cutter. I also mica sprayed the bird and wing. The branch is a piece of Grungepaper, which I embossed with an embossing folder, and cut out with Mr Holtz's scroll die. Finally, I cut out some blank pages for the inside, punched holes in the appropriate places, and joined it all together with Idea-ology D book rings.