Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lynn Stevens: Tutorial Marker Backgrounds

When I took on doing the marker tutorial for Gingersnap Creations, I knew I didn't just want to color with markers. I experimented a bit and here's what I came up with.


Supplies: Alcohol markers, I used Tria's, a sheet of Acetate, a gold metallic pen, Alcohol blending Solution, a sponge, black Stazon ink and stamp of choice.

Color markers randomly on acetate.

Add dots of gold metallic pen.

Add small amount of blending solution on sponge and dab colors together.

Blend until satisfied.

Here, I have shown it up against a black sheet so you can see all the blending better.

Flip over acetate so you are on the other side and stamp image with black Stazon. Let dry completely.

Finish card as desired. I mounted mine on a salmon colored card. Experiment, different colored backgrounds will produce different results.

By Lynn Stevens
My blog Trash To Treasure Art
Stamps by I Brake For Stamps

18 comments:

  1. Brilliant TUT Lynn....love your style hun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lynn Thank you that was so helpful, you made me want to rush out to buy the suppies so I could try ...thanks Wendy @ blissangels

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! absolutely gorgeous! thank you so much for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh boy! Great tutorial Lynn! Can't wait to play using your tech! Thanks tons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great TUT, I too can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for this Lynn. A really great idea I never would have thought of using with my ever growing collection of Promarkers. Will definitely try this out.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab technique Lynn!I'll be having a go at this one over the weekend
    thanks
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great, fast-and-fun technique! Will definitely play with this one - thanks, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a fantastic background idea, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tutorial Lynn and that oriental stamp suits the background perfectly. Lynne M

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, great tutorial Lynne, great effect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving this tutorial, simple and very effective..thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab background technique Lynn! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so fantastic!!! I loved how a simple market can get u magical BG.... Thanks a ton for sharing the same.... I would love to try it some day.... may be soon.... Hugs ))))

    Ash....
    (http://hastkala-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun way to make backgrounds.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card- love the colors and I appreciate the visuals! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW this is fab, wouldn't have thought of using my pens like this. Now need to find my acetate! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin