Thursday, August 26, 2010

Holiday Happenings: Holiday Lights

With all our Outdoor-themed holiday cards now done, we can turn to a new inspiration for our next set of stress-free holiday cards. By getting a few cards done each month, we hope to be able to relax and enjoy the holidays this year. If you want to join in, our target is between 5 and 10 cards each month with a new inspiration happening around the 25th of each month from July to November.

Holiday lights will be our inspiration for August!


What kind of lights?

~ candlelight
~ firelight
~ decorative twinkle lights
~ starlight
~ street lights

For my own set of cards, I decided to do a few of each type. I also set myself a second challenge to not use any designer paper on this group of cards.

My candlelight cards:

Stamps: Rubber Stampede and Penny Black

Stamps: Stampin' Up

Stamps: HAnglar & StAnglar

Stamps: Cats Pajamas and Rubber Soul

My twinkle light cards:

Stamps: Inkadinkado and Rubber Stampede

Stamps: A Muse and Penny Black

Stamps: Inkadinkado and Katie & Co.

My starlight card:

Stamps: Penny Black and Stampington

and another starlight card from Ali Manning too:


Stay tuned next month on the 25th for another holiday card inspiration! Until then, if you have some "Holiday Light" cards to share, link them up to this post so everyone can enjoy them!

We can't wait to see what you create!

2 comments:

  1. Shar, you are on fire! (No pun intended!) Wonderful cards - something for everyone on your list. :) Thanks for the inspiration (although I am waaaay behind on the whole 5-10 thing, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like postcards! I thought this would make a fun holiday card!
    I have lots of photos of the tree and take little close ups to make a variety of cards.
    One year I took pictures of ALL the decorations and made an album. I knew I probably wouldn't do the whole "shabang" again cause it just takes days to put up. I have a link to the album on my side bar at my blog if you want more!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin