Saturday, September 18, 2010

From Summer into Autumn by Jennie

This is my 7th tutorial for Gingersnap Creations, and I cannot believe how fast each month comes around. I really do have to apologise for the photos this time, as I should try to get them "in action" as they say, but I always forget, and by the time I write this it is too late!! lol However this week, I am going to try to take you step by step through a tag that uses the new texture fades by Mr Timothy Holtz. I used a tag for this tutorial, and ran it through one of his new embossing folders. It makes a great border for the dragonfly.

To colour the cattails, I used some distress ink lightly applied to a piece of cut n dry, and gently wiped it over the raised parts, starting with the green at the bottom, and using a clean pice of cut n dry for the yellows. I then used tumbled glass to get a very light blue sky. I spritzed it with water to get a cloudy effect. Dry quickly with a towel by dabbing it.

The dragonfly was inked in the same colours after stamping and cutting out, so that the edges get inked too.

A very thick layer of rock candy crackle paint finished him. I used quite thick card to make him, otherwise the crackle paint will curl the card. Attach him to the tag with 3D foam.
This is a simple technique, and makes use of the embossing folders to create a bright and summery look , just when Autumn is starting!
Happy Creating
Jennie

17 comments:

  1. Love that texture fade, may have to get that, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great look and easy instructions! I'll have to try this out as I do love playing with my distress inks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome effect! I love it Jennie :)
    *hugs* Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Jennie! And thanks for the tip about the heavy cardstock with the Rock Candy... good to know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this even has a watercolour look to it as well as being textured, what a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely lovely, thank you so much for the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, but absolutely stunning! Thanks for the great tutorial, Jenni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous tag Jennie, love the colours & crackled dragonfly! Might have to add that texture fade to my shopping list for Ally Pally! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good result Jennie, it looks great
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty. Thanks for putting this tut together.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful - thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin