Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Gingers are Growing

The next term for our talented group of Gingers, the Gingersnap Creations Design Team, is just beginning!

Several of our charter design team members are staying on for a third term and we are thrilled to be working with them again!

Please help us in welcoming back (in alphabetical order by first name) our Charter Gingers: Debby Boltman, Jean Franks Beck, Jo Capper-Sandon, Joanne Wardle, and Laura Liddell.

Returning for their second stint as Gingers are (also in alphabetical order): Dan, Jennie, Katy Fox, Linda Ledbetter and Suzanne Brookfield.

Joining us for the first time as full-time Design Team Members...drum roll please....



"I have a vintage collage style and I enjoy creating mini-books and altered art projects. I was on the Oxford Impressions design team in 2009 and was a Gingersnap Creations Muse for July 2010. I have been published in The Stampers' Sampler, Somerset Studio, and Somerset Studio Gallery. I live in Maine with my husband and four furry children who are very "helpful" in my creative process."



"Being a bit of a craft addict, I immensely love anything to do with crafting - papercraft, sewing, and crocheting. In the remaining spare time my favourite pastimes are gardening, photography and baking (some say it is a baking obsession)."



"I'm Jules Eickmeier and I live in a small fishing village on the Gulf Coast of Florida with my husband and our two cats. I have been playing with paper and glue for about thirteen years now and have taught paper arts both locally here in Florida and nationally at conventions for a vendor. I have been published in several scrapbooking magazines. I have two adult children, one son-in-law and two of the cutest twin grandsons you'd ever want to see. I am so delighted to be a part of the Gingersnaps Team. You can find me daily on my blog, A Toast to Altered Art. "



"My introduction to the paper crafting world was through a Stampin' Up party in the fall of 2006. After making a set of Christmas cards featuring her Victorian home, I plunged into scrapbooking to make an album of my dh's 30 years in education for his surprise retirement party. I was hooked on the hobby and sought classes with Wendy Vecchi and Linda Cain to learn more about art. I have been published in Take Ten magazine and was a featured reader as Spotlight Scrapper in the e-zine Scrapbook News and Review. I have designed cards for Queen Kat Stamps and currently I'm on the Pages In Time design team, creating layouts from monthly kits and hosting groups for the PIT on-line site. Parents of 3 children, my hubby and I are now empty nesters filling our days with many interests and hobbies. I also belong to several on-line craft challenge groups as well as a local stampers art club. My personal blog is LOTSA SCRAP. Please come and visit. "

and


"There was a time in my life that I honestly believed I had a defective artistic gene and was crafting-illiterate, but it turned out that I just hadn't found the right medium. About 10 years ago, a friend took me to a crop at a local stamping store where I inked up my first rubber stamp, and I've never looked back.

When I discovered the amazing on-line artistic community in November 2006, I f elt like I had finally found my true home. In addition to hosting the Saturday Inspiration Challenge at SplitCoast Stampers, I am also a member of the Etsy Inspired Design Team and a Guest Designer for Artistic Outpost. Past design gigs include Caardvarks and Jacksonbelle Embellishments. Additionally, I've also been published in Stampers' Sampler Take Ten & have won prizes in several Hero Arts monthly blog challenges. I am a fast and furious creator who is constantly on the lookout for inspiration & who tries to spend at least a little time creating every day. I would describe my style as contemporary, trendy, eclectic, experimental, & ingenious."



We would also like to welcome back our Contributing Artists, Jennie of the Artistic Stamper, and Hels Sheridan, a Charter Ginger. Our regular readers are familiar with their fun and informative tutorials!

Joining our Contributing Artist team is the lovely Lucy Edmondson!


"I describe my style as 'the pretty end of the distressed spectrum!' I try to keep as much variety as possible in the items I make. I prefer altered art and mixed media to making cards, as I enjoy the 3D possibilties, and the range of different surfaces and products you can work with, in conjunction with rubber stamping. I am on the design teams for the Artistic Stamper, the Altered Element, and Imagination Crafts, and I wrote for Craft Stamper magazine for many years. I have also contributed to Crafts Beautiful and Making Gifts magazines.

I teach rubber stamping, both at home and through my local craft shop. I find it very rewarding to enable people to get so much more pleasure from their hobby. I have a blog, Lucys True Colours, and you will probably pick up from that, and other people's blogs, that I often have friends round for play dates!"


We hope that you will join us in welcoming our newest Gingers!

12 comments:

  1. Welcome, ladies! I'm so looking forward to getting to know you all and playing with ink together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... So great to see all these fantastic creative persons on the GS team. Can't wait to see what you all will create.
    Hugs to you all, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Girls.. looking forward to your creations :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking forward to seeing your wonderful creations
    hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a team! Premier league for sure. Can't wait to see what you all get up to.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to all the members for returning and being added on! I can't wait to see the inspirational work you all come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great group and a big welcome to the newbies!! I also would like to thank those of you who always take the time to comment on my blog or in an e-mail. Love the inspirtation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Was ever a group of such talented, creative and inspirational Designers gathered together before? I think not! Welcome One and All!

    Let the fun begin!

    Marion,
    UK

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so very excited to be a part of this!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is some serious talent going on here. Big hello and welcome from me ladies!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so exciting to be part of this fabulous and so creative team! And thank you so much for the very warm welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin