Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

We would like to wish everyone a spooky, special Halloween!

To get into the "spirit" of the day, here's a couple of creepy creations from our Founding Femmes!

From Sharon Briss:

"I was inspired by this month's Creative Connection - Only One to make a Halloween hanging using only one stamp. I chose these cute pumpkins from Artistic Outpost. Not only did I stamp them on the squares in black, I also stamped them in Tea Dye Distress Ink all over the background designer paper! Too cute and Only One!"

Pumpkin Grid Hanging
Stamp: pumpkins from Vintage Halloween plate (Artistic Outpost)
Paper: Ambrosia from Pattern Paper line (BasicGrey); Month 2 Month November (Bo Bunny); Eeks and Shrieks (Imaginisce)
Cardstock: Basic Black (Stampin Up)
Ink: Vintage Photo and Tea Dye Distress Ink (Ranger); Tuxedo Black (Memento)
Tools: distressing wheel (Tim Holtz - Ranger); Crop-o-dile
Embellishments: 2 copper eyelets; ribbon; prima flowers; 2 brown brads


From Ali Manning:

"To create the background of my Halloween card, I used a TJ technique called Double Bugging. After I embossed the purple c/stock using the Distress Stripes folder, I dragged white ink along the embossed portions. Once dry, I flattened the whole piece by running it through my embossing machine several times. I then embossed this smooth piece of c/stock using the Spider Web folder and highlighted the raised areas with black ink. A spooky image of a tree from Stampin' Up! finished off the card."

Double Bugged Halloween Card
Stamps: House of Haunts, Teeny Tiny Wishes (Stampin' Up!)
Cardstock: Black, White & Elegant Eggplant
Ink: White craft ink, black Stazon, So Saffron, Pumpkin Pie & Perfect Plum
Tools: Big Shot, embossing folders, tab punch
Embellishments: Black brads

Happy Halloween Gingersnappers!

2 comments:

  1. wow....double bugging, great technique just got to try that one
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin