Monday, October 25, 2010

Holiday Happenings: Things with Wings

Each month of Holiday Happenings, I have challenged you to make 5 to 10 holiday cards based on a specific theme. For October, with lots of references to bats, owls, and other eerie entities over the month, my thoughts turned to the theme "Things with Wings".


Here's some ideas for this theme:

~ birds including ducks and penguins
~ angels, fairies and mythical creatures
~ airplanes and gliders
~ flying insects like bees and butterflies
~ or add wings to collage images, hearts
or ornaments for some flair

To create my cards, I chose the category of birds from the list above. I loved that I could use this inspiration for both Christmas and Chanukah cards!

As with my other holiday cards, I had two important criteria:
~ quick to make
~ easy to replicate

I think these cards fit the bill.

Stamp credits: Hero Arts and Memory Box


Stamp Credits: Pink Cat Studios (digital)


Stamp Credits: Stampendous


Stamp Credits: Pink Cat Studios (digital)


Stamp Credits: Oxford Impressions and Stampin' Up!


Stamp Credits: Pink Cat Studios (digital)


Stamp Credits: Cat's Pajamas

Missed the previous Holiday Happenings? Check out the following themes: Outdoor Scenes, Holiday Lights and Trees, Trees, Trees.

See you next month on the 25th of November when we will take on our last Holiday Happenings inspiration. I now have 30 cards. How about you?

Share what you've done with this theme with the linky below!

2 comments:

  1. I love all your bird cards Shar, especially the Hanukkah ones.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. these are all fab Shar, love the top one with the green and red row of birds best!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin