Saturday, October 2, 2010

Muse Showcase - Kris Dickinson

We are thrilled to introduce our October Muse, Kris Dickinson. Kris creates the most incredible vintage collage work and has a particular love of all things vintage Halloween. We have chosen some of our favorite pieces of her artwork to showcase today. We had such a hard time narrowing down to a few projects that we created a slide show of her spooky Halloween projects below - just in time to inspire you for Gothic Month on Gingersnaps.


My name is Kris Dickinson and I am a free-lance artist, specializing in collage and mixed media art. I reside in Parker, CO USA with my husband, Jeff and daughter, Lauren.


Art has always been a part of my life. I did undergraduate work at Bethany College, Lindsborg, KS USA in Fine Art and I have an Associate Degree in Advertising Design from the Art Institute, Denver, CO USA.


I started to scrapbook in 1999 and then moved on to stamping, collage and mixed media art. I teach stamping and collage in my home and I have been a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator for 6 years. I do a wide variety of styles but my main focus and passion is vintage collage art.

I am a published artist and my work can be found in Take Ten, Stamper's Sampler and Stampington's Holiday and Celebrations Annual publication.

I maintain two art blogs, both devoted to vintage, retro and nostalgic art. 'Nostalgic Collage' is my main blog and 'A Nostalgic Halloween' is my blog that is dedicated to all things vintage Halloween.

I am very pleased to be the October Muse.

All artwork by Kris Dickinson. Enjoy the show!


Created with flickr slideshow from softsea.


13 comments:

  1. So happy your my October muse--I love your blogs and your art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, I am soooooo very excited that you are our muse this month!! I absolutely adore your work (on both of your blogs - I'm a huge Halloween fan!), and I visit every post. (And while I *do* comment a lot, I try to contain myself so that you don't think I'm stalking, LOL!!) A huge Welcome to you - can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such great art, all of it. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally amazing work, I love your style

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your projects are just stunning, I just love your collages!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a Kris D fan for such a long time. Her work is stunning and lovely! Welcome Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the pleasure of being in a round robin journal all on Ravens with Kris so have seen some of Kris work in the flesh despite being from across the pond...and its stunning! So am delighted to see Kris as the October muse!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so much! I'm thrilled to be the Muse this month!

    xox Kris

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kris, you are the perfect choice for the October muse! With your Awesome Halloween art you'l be an inspiration to all! Congrats !!!!
    Let me say I am lucky to be on a ATC exchange group with Kris and her work is stunning to say the least! I've been a Kris fan for years!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your work is so amazing, Kris!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been a HUGE fan of your artwork for quite awhile now, Kris--so glad to have found this blog that highlights you and your beautiful, unique art! I am off to visit your Halloween blog, as I finally have a few minutes to myself, and that's where I want to go!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin