Saturday, November 27, 2010

Fabric on Cards by Alison Manning

The fabric stores are full of beautifully designed fabrics and today I'll share with you easy it is to incorporate them into your cards. The two cards here showcase some Liberty fabrics that I've been hoarding!

Supplies:
  • Card stock
  • Fusible webbing
  • Fabric
  • Iron






By cutting the fabric out with a die, you'll seal the edges and prevent any fraying.

I allowed the pattern of the fabric to be the main focus of this card. However, you could use this method with plain muslin and stamp on it, make your own fabric embellishments or create rich textured backgrounds.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, gorgeous cards, Ali! What a great tip to know that you can so easily die cut fabric in this way. I will definitely try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these tips... wonderful ideas and gorgeous cards... much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such beautiful cards, Ali. I've stuck fusible webbing (for quick hemming, as I can't sew) to the iron before..... great tip you provided!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reminder and the great photos. I was just thinking today that I wanted to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards! I have lots of scrap Christmas fabric so will make some cards with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an excellent way to utilize some great fabric! Fabulous idea to die cut the pieces! Beautiful and great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both beautiful cards and thank you for showing how it is done. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally loving the fabric I really must get that die he he

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin