Saturday, November 20, 2010

King of the Tree- by Jennie

I love Christmas Time , and the excitement building up to it. I always have a new ornament at Christmas whether it be that I buy it or make it, so I thought I would make one for you. I used a smallish wooden hanging bird, some Viva Decor Inka Gold Cream, and Ranger dabbers.

To prepare your bird, put a small dollop of Viva Decor Inka Gold ( I used the red colour ) onto a piece of cut and dry. Smoosh it around the wood, rubbing in circles with it until the bird is completely covered. Allow it to dry , and then polish it up with a soft cloth. It shines up beautifully.


To decorate it, use a swirl stamp ( this one is from The Artistic Stamper), and dab onto it gold dabber. It will be too much paint , so lightly stamp it onto a scrap of paper first. Stamp randomly onto the bird. If you make a mistake , just spritz with water and remove with a soft cloth. (Amazingly, because the Inka-ed surface is polished it will come off, and you can always add more Inka Cream if you want to.) Allow it to dry.


I did both sides, and also painted the little wooden bead with dabber too.
The crown was be-jewelled with tiny cabochons, and glued to his head, as were the eyes.

I added a great "Tim Bauble" ( the biggest one there is !!) to the bottom. Voila a new Christmas bauble for my tree!

Thank you for looking.
Jennie

18 comments:

  1. Your holiday bird ornament is just precious. Happy Jolly Holly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jennie, this is so pretty!!!
    I can see a tree with LOTS of these beautiful birds!
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo cute! Love the decoration.....that's going to look great on the tree
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the red and gold! Pity I don't have space for a tree to decorate, I really miss that!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun and cute is that! I had no idea of how to use the product, thanks so much for the tut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I have some wooden tree ornaments just begging for some of this treatment :)
    Gayle xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful bird! Thanks for sharing how you created him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is quite beautiful! and an inspiration... xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely Jennie I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic project, Jennie! He'd be king of my tree for sure. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Omgoshhh! Jen this is SOOOOO cute!! I saw the crown on your blog and had to click over here to see what it was for! I love that little bird and crown!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it!!!! it almost looks like an old fashioned cookie ornament.
    So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your little bird ornament, great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin