Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas is a-comin'! by Jennie

It is almost here.. only another week, and I do hope you are ready? I have to confess, I have made a few cards, done a little bit of shopping, not made any lists, yet! and probably as per usual will be wrapping the presents on Christmas Eve, and trying to truss the turkey at the same time! I am good at multi tasking..lol
I have, however, got a lot of tags for Christmas presents! Following on from Mr Holtz's 12 tags of Christmas, I have been using his inspiration to make a few more .. and I have made one especially for Gingersnap Creations too! I guess this would be great for anytime of the year, just not for Christmas!
To make it you will need, distress inks; clear embossing powder; a few swirly stamps (these are from The Artistic Stamper); a Manila tag #8; a rosette die or similar; some mini tinsel; old music sheet; and some glue. I used a glue gun, but a strong glue will work just as well.
I stamped up the swirls in clear distress embossing ink, and then embossed in clear embossing powder. Distress ink the tag with shades of blue, and allow to dry.


To make the rosettes, I glued old music sheets onto some thicker paper as I found it tore when running it through the rosette die. Ink up the paper before die cutting it. I used Distress ink direct to paper. Saves faffing about!

Make a rosette up using a hot glue gun, and add mini tinsel to the back using glue. Add a coil of tinsel to the centre of the rosette.   Glue to the tag. You could edge the rosette with a gold dabber, and I meant to do this, but forgot!

I do hope you enjoy this project, and if you are making tags please do show me yours!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy and Prosprous New Year!
Jennie



16 comments:

  1. oooooh Jennie I love this tag idea. Creating the fan rosette out of sheet music is a brilliant idea. Then adding a bit of bling with the mini tinsel is superb. The gold and muted teal is just beautiful together. I have not really tried making tags yet but after seeing all the cool things that many other bloggers are doing makes me want to get going with it. Like you, I still have much to do before Christmas. So maybe the week between Christmas and New Years I can try some of these fun projects.

    Happy Holidays!
    Chris (Artzee Chris)
    Artzee Chris' Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh these swirls are really cool....love the tag too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those sheet music rosettes. Need to find me a source! I love the colours of your tag, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sparkly, love the swirls background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tag Jennie - lovely rosette !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your rosettes are wonderful! I love the blue color with the music sheet! Will def have to try this for tags! Thanks for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here is my link to the tag I made!
    http://wearestampers.blogspot.com/2010/12/gingersnaps-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is just beautiful! Thank you for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is stunning. Love all the tinsel with the blue and swirls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the idea with the rosettes. They look gorgeous especially with the tinsel. Thanks a lot for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice rosettes. The paper and color work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for your perspective working with these products--great tutorial and tag

    ReplyDelete
  13. awesome, I just saw these rosettes!!!
    beautifully made!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely, lovely!

    Rosette die??? Okay, that's pretty much awesome--I accordian fold all mine!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin