Thursday, December 23, 2010

Debby Boltman: Highlighting with Bleach

I thought it would be fun to highlight a majestic image with bleach.

So, I gathered my materials: Bleach pen. old disc for palette, old brush, embossing powder, Versamark and my majestic image, Lion from Hearts In Touch #85 Wild Animals Sheet.

I stamped the image with Versamark onto Safari Brown Skinny Column cardstock. Then sprinkled black embossing powder on the image and heat set.

I dabbed some bleach from the bleach pen on to my palette. Dipped the brush in and tried to grab a good amount of bleach on my brush and began dabbing around the Lions head to bleach the paper and highlight the image.

You can wait for the paper to change or be impatient like I am and give it some heat to change color quicker.
And a funny thing happened while I was hurrying the bleach along. I burned the edges of the image with the heat gun. Oh my. Was I thrilled with this? Yes! Gave the image and surrounding area a more rustic look. I loved it. So I purposefully burned the rest of the edges. :)
And added more bleach to certain areas in the process.
And sanded where I thought the bleach effect was too thick.
Bleach is fun. Use it with colored cardstock, splatter, stamp, paint, sprinkle, all sorts of options and a myriad of fun results. Hope you will give it a try and show us. Be sure to wear your bleach clothes or apron. Just because you never know....

Thanks for stopping by and I look forward to viewing your bleach creations!


~Debby~

5 comments:

  1. Terrific tutorial Debby. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great coloring effect the bleach gives! Thanks for sharing!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic tutorial, love the bleach effect on the image .. the card looks stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you for the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for a great tutorial, love the bleach and burned effect!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin