Monday, January 31, 2011

Cocoa Test Tube Holder Tutorial - Lisa Somerville



A few years ago I had stumbled across Test Tubes at my local craft store and thought they'd be fun to use in various projects. It all started out with a simple Single Test Tube Holder that I created, then came the Double, Triple and Quad Holders (all templates are available on my blog sidebar).  Over the years, I've altered my patterns for various images I wanted to incorporate with the holders.

The fab Van Houten's Cocoa image is from the Artistic Outpost Think and Wonder Plate, and I thought it would would perfectly with the Test Tubes.  I did have to create a new pattern to accommodate the larger ATC sized image.

Download the PDF

Supplies:
Card Stock – 5-1/2” x 11-3/8”
1" Circle Punch
Score Board or Scoring Tool


Score each side at 1-1/4”

Score as follows:
5/8”, 1-7/8”, 6”, 7-1/4”

Punch circles with 1” circle punch

I added a 3” x 4” panel to stick up behind the Test Tubes (not shown)

Card Stock cut and scored


If you use the Test Tube Template, or any of the others I have designed on my blog, I'd love to see them!

Happy Stampin'!
Lisa Somerville

9 comments:

  1. That is such a cool project! Love the holder, the test tubes, and the image! And of course, who doesn't love cocoa?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Lisa! Love that image too!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool, and love the cocoa idea! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea and a great gifty for these cold winter months. Thanks for the tutorial and the PDF. Love your stamp image as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific use of the test tubes Lisa. Thank you for all the info. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely darling! Lisa, you're brilliant, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely awesome, thank you so much for the tutorial. This will definitely come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't that sweet! and a tut to boot! You are so clever GF.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin