Thursday, January 20, 2011

Colourizing it! by Jennie

The story behind this particular tutorial is really my love of alcohol inks, and this is the most easiest but somewhat messy way to use them! You may think otherwise! I wanted to show you how to colour up metal or beads or really any object with alcohol inks. Now you could use a felt and handle, but that means getting into those hard to reach places, so this way is much easier.

Ingredients:
alcohol inks; plastic bags; metal objects or charms; a die cut tree from grungeboard ( one of Mr Holtz's) ;a few leaf stamps; distress ink, and your imagination!
Method: I started by die cutting the branch tree, and distress inked it. I then stamped over it with The Artistic Stamper distressed background stamp.
The leaves were from one of Wendy Vecchi's stamps, stamped and coloured with green distress ink onto the remaining grungeboard.
Cut out. and arrange some of the leaves on the tree, and then decided on your charms. Stick down the leaves with glossy accents onto the grungeboard.
The great part is the non messy ( or in my case messy!) of colouring up your charms. Put them into an old plastic bag ( make sure there are no holes!) , add a few drops of alcohol ink of your colour choice, and shake gently.
Tip out the charms and allow to dry. I added them to the tree with brads coloured the same way.

Have a very Creative Day!
Jennie

7 comments:

  1. I am sure I'd get messy removing the charms from the bag... but I love the finished image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This technique does really work quite well! I've even dyed ball chain! Love the tree!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to color charms! Beautiful project - thanks for the tips Jennie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jennie, I will have to try that. Your project is beautiful too. ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a simple but effective way to colour those charms. I would have just got very inky fingers! Thanks for the tip Jennie.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin