Sunday, January 2, 2011

January Muse Showcase: Lisa Somerville

We are pleased to welcome Lisa Somerville as our first Muse of 2011!

Lisa applies her talents to so many projects from cards to 3D home decor items to charming gift packaging. Her clean and bold style has been seen in many wonderful stamping publications. She has a true talent for turning technique into delightful designs.

Lisa is currently a design team member for Crafts N' Things, Kitchen Sink Stamps, Artistic Outpost, Fred B. Mullett, Heartfelt Creations, and Artella Gifts. She is also the Lead Senior Designer for the Technique Junkies newsletter. In the past, Lisa has worked with many other manufacturers and several challenge blogs.


Now, I'll let Lisa tell you a little about herself:

"Hi, my name is Lisa Somerville, as long as I can remember I’ve been crafting one thing or another. My style is pretty classic with a bit of shabby chic. I live in Illinois with my husband Jim, and 2 boys (16 & 15).

I've been stamping since 2003, you can find my work published in Crafts N' Things, Take Ten, Stampers Sampler, Just Cards, Just Holidays, Stamp & Scrap, Craft Stamper, Vamp Stamp News, Rubber Stamp Madness, Paper Crafts, and The Rubber Stamper. I'm thrilled to be the Gingersnap Creations January Muse."

Lisa will be inspiring us all this month with some of her projects as our January Muse. Before she does, we wanted to show you some of her outstanding work. To find out more about each project, please click on the links below the artwork.


We hope you have enjoyed this selection of Lisa Somerville's art. To see even more of her lovely work, visit Lisa's blog, Splendiferous Creations.

All artwork in this post was created by Lisa Somerville.

15 comments:

  1. Oooh I love Lisas craftings and am so looking forward to seeing her new creations. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great collection of inspirational projects looking forward to seeing what the gingers produce in 2011
    hugs from Daniele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful choice for a muse! Lisa's work is inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what gorgeous artwork! Welcome aboard as our Muse, Lisa - so happy to have your fabulous talent to inspire us this month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big welcome as GC January Muse! Always love your incredible art and creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thrilled to be the January Muse here at Gingersnap, thanks for letting me share my creations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love all of Lisa's creations! She has been the source of inspiration for me for many years!
    Sandra ltb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heck, I'm inspired--what great creations! I'm gonna go blog stalk her now, but shhh, don't tell!!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa's work is great, this will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always such beautiful and fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa's work is absolutely stunning. i look forward to many treats from her as GC muse! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful choice for Gingersnap Creations first muse of the year. Lisa is such a talented artist, as the beautiful artwork above shows. Congratulations Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lisa, you are amazing and I love seeing your work everywhere you share it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love to see more of your great work Lisa! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin