Saturday, February 5, 2011

February Muse: Showcase: Shelly Hickox

In the chilly month of February, we will be bringing you the wonderfully intricate and enticing art of Shelly Hickox! With an eye for detail and a flair for vintage and shabby chic projects, Shelly's art is breathtaking and exciting!


Shelly was recently invited to be on the Inspiration Team for the Inspiration Emporium and, in the past, has served on the design teams of Artistic Outpost and Oxford Impressions among others. She has been published in a variety of papercrafting magazines and has designed for the Technique Junkies newsletter.


We will let Shelly tell you more about herself:


My love of paper crafting was firmly established in the first grade, when we created angels by folding the pages of Reader’s Digest books. In fact, my fondest memories of school were of art classes and crafts. It wasn’t until 10 years or so ago, though, that I was introduced to my addiction: rubber stamps.


My style has changed considerably from those early years. Now, it can best be described as eclectic. From Shabby to Grunge to Vintage – I love it all.


A stamping friend once commented that I made Grunge look ‘pretty’. That was one of the best compliments I’ve ever received!



Although my zeal for submitting art to magazines has diminished since I started my blog, I have been published many times in the past. You can find my artwork in past issues of The Stampers’ Sampler, Legacy, Somerset Studio, Gallery, Take Ten, Memories, and Handcrafted. I was featured as the Guest Artist in the August/September ’06 issue of The Stampers’ Sampler.

My husband and I live on three acres in rural Mississippi, just south of Memphis, with a flock of chickens and a herd of cats.


Our daughter is a Senior majoring in Film and Communications at the University of Memphis. Our 19 year old son (my baby!) has enlisted in the US Air Force and leaves for basic training in two weeks.


When I’m not stamping, I enjoy gardening, digging for treasure at thrift stores and estate sales, and working on various remodeling projects.


We are delighted to have Shelly join us on Gingersnap Creations for the month of February. We are sure that her amazing art will inspire you!


To see more, visit her blog, Stamptramp: The Adventures of a Rubber Addict.

All artwork shown in this post was created by Shelly Hickox.

18 comments:

  1. wonderful inspirational pieces of art
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, it's nice to meet you Shelly. Though I did find you via OWOH earlier this month, now I have seen more, I so will be back and can't wait to see more of your work on Gingersnaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great work this is, i love them all especially the tags, so different but so nice. keep up the good work, best wishes from Janine from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, enjoyed looking at Shelly's creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see why her work was published in magazines, it's wonderful!!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous inspirational work, so looking forward to seeing more. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh fancy seeing you here, I'm sure everyone will be truely inspired by your wonderful art Shelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really inspirational pieces of art. Love your work, Shelly and I'm already follwing your blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks everyone! I was flattered to be invited to join such a talented group for a month! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love, love, love Shelly's art! It is everything I aspire to, and she is a huge inspiration. Not only am I impressed with her artwork, but apparently she can herd cats (she may be the only one on earth... can you come to my house?) ROFL!!! Welcome, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Shelly, Wow what can I say. Your work is amazing. Must hop on over to your blog and check it out.
    Love that mini mister holder, well all of your examples here are inspiring.
    Greetings from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your beautiful blog is a real treat for the eye. While we could see one of your buttons over at our blog, there is no code currently available. We are very disappointed. Yours is one of the prettiest, freshest blogs we've explored. Can you help us with this problem?
    Rose McGuinn & Friends

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always been inspired by Shelly's stamping - in fact I credit her style for showing me so many possibilities with stamping and getting me started. I've loved her work since I first discovered it in magazines and am thrilled to have her as this month's muse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fantastic creations, stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow! shelly's work is truly inspirational! such works of beauty! can't wait to see more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful Muse! I absolutely love your pieces and your style is one I would aspire to. Look forward to seeing more!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful, Shelly!

    You have definitely inspired me!

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin