Thursday, March 31, 2011

Our Newest Design Team Members!

Design Team calls at Gingersnap Creations are always tough on the Creative Team as we have to choose from so many talented and inspiring artists. What makes it even tougher is that very few of our Gingers leave us each term. For this call, we only had 2 design team spots available and 2 contributing artist spots.

Before I introduce our newest members, I would like to make mention of our fabulous returning design team members, The Incredible Gingers!

We are welcoming back Annette Goatley, Helene Huber, Jules Eickmeier, Lucy Edmondson, Petra Berendsen, Penny Bennington, and Stephanie Severin back for their second term of art and inspiration.

Linda Ledbetter and Suzanne Brookfield will be starting their third term with us and we can't wait to see what they have in store for us for the next 6 months.

We are blessed to still have 4 of the original Gingers from our very first design team call when we put together a team of 9. As creative as when they first started, we welcome back the Charter Members of the design team - Jean Franks Beck, Joanne Wardle and Laura Liddell. Debby Boltman is on sabbatical at the moment, taking a much deserved break, but she'll be back to delight us all in October.

So who's joining us now? Please give a big Gingersnapper welcome to our two newest Gingers! We'll let them introduce themselves and their art. As with all new team members, we asked our newest additions to create a Gingery creation!



Hello there! My name is Gerri Herbst and I live in the “wilds of New Jersey, USA”. Ever since I was a little girl, I have had some type of “art” project on the kitchen table. I used to spend more time making the covers for school reports, then the reports themselves!

I have been married for 25 great years to my dear, loving husband. We have a daughter in college, who is the light of our lives. My family is artistic too by painting, drawing, taking photos, cooking up a storm and building things. I started making cards a number of years ago and send out 200 unique cards or collages each year. I also dabble in jewelry, watercolor painting and floral arranging. My style is definitely vintage inspired. In my pieces, there are lots of sparkly bits, shiny paper, vintage images and word snippets. I believe vintage images hold a special story and it’s up to us to listen closely, so we can bring them to life. I’ve been blogging for 6 months and have really enjoying sharing, connecting and seeing others creations. You can see my work at my blog “Its All Treasure” .

This is my first Design team position, ever! I am giddy with excitement to have been honored to be part of this delightful Ginger team. I look forward to our time laughing, learning and sharing all our artistic treasures here at Gingersnap Creations.

Here is Gerri's introductory Ginger piece:






I'm Trisha (also known as "trisha too" in the blogosphere) and I have a love of all things all things art, and am happiest with my hands covered in paint, ink, or dye. I've been published in Altered Arts, Scrap N' Stamp, and Somerset Studio. I also design for Altered Pages, where I create mixed media art kits and write project tutorials.

Here is Trisha's introductory Ginger piece:


Also, joining the Gingersnap Creations team are two talented women who will fill the positions of our Contributing Artists, delighting our readers with fabulous tutorials and projects over the next 6 months. Take a moment to meet these fabulous papercrafters!



I live in Poole, Dorset which is a beautiful area and provides a lot of my inspiration. I have always loved art and been addicted to papers and art supplies since I was small. I have been scrapbooking for around 2 years and I take part in local scrapping groups.

I love vintage and grunge and anything with birds, nests, clocks, crowns and hearts. I love experimenting with new techniques and as time goes on, I'm drawn to the more messier techniques of inks, pastels and paints. I love stamping, embossing and playing with UTEE. Gingersnap is my first Design Team post.

Here is Alexa's introductory piece:





I've always enjoyed being creative. In the beginning (and for 25 years after that) I was a needle worker. I owned a needlework shop in Colorado Springs for several years. But after closing the store, I needed a new creative outlet. I moved to paper - mostly cards & tags - but occasional scrapbooks. My style is mixed. I love quick & cute, grungy & old, and over-done & elegant. I live in the mountains west of Colorado Springs with my “green” cat, Edgar ELLEN Poe. Poe was a rescue cat I “recycled” last Halloween weekend (hence the name). During the day I’m a software developer, but at night I get inky!

Here is Deb's Gingery piece:


We are all looking forward to another 6 months of fabulous papercrafting fun and can't wait to see what our newest Gingers create and share!

20 comments:

  1. Four more inspiring ladies blogs to ooh and ahh over - thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to a great team.....your creations are lovely and I cannot wait to see more!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to the new girls. Looking forward to seeing more of their work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to all of you, looks like a wonderful team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A big welcome to the new ladies, looking forward to seeing what lovely things they make for Gingersnaps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, gorgeous projects-looking forward to this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the new DT members! All the introductory pieces are absolutely gorgeous! Can't wait to see more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome ladies loving the art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. lovely inspirational pieces of art ladies, congratulations to you all
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely creations! Can't wait to see what grand pieces you all come up with in the future

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the new Gingers! Love their work already!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats and welcome to the new Gingers. Your works look very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you, everyone!!!

    I'm so excited to create along with all of you!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I am looking forward to seeing your inspiring talent.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and Welcome! This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wooo hoooo, so happy to have these fabulous artists joining us at GC! Congrats, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so excited!!! I would love to say congrats to all the new design team members BUT, I think the congrats go to those of us who will learn from and be inspired by these incredibly talented women!!!! WAY TO GO selection team and SERIOUS CONGRATS to our newest and "oldest" design team members!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So thrilled to be staying on! Huge congrats and welcome to the new artists - loving your introductory pieces!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations to the "New Crew" of Gingers! What a great mix of old and new! Can't wait to see the GC inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin