Saturday, May 7, 2011

May Muse Showcase: Amy Kinsch

We would like to welcome stamp and bead artisan, Amy Kinsch, as our May Muse!

Some of you may know Amy through her amazing stamp company, Beeswax Rubber Stamps, or through her wonderful lampwork beads available at her Etsy store, AKDesigns.

An amazing scenic stamper, Amy has also created a number of fabulous landscape and scenery stamp images at Beeswax Rubber Stamps to set the stage for her beautiful scenes.

Now, we'll let Amy tell you about herself:

"I went to my first rubber stamp show way back in 1990 I think. I was dating my husband at the time and I dragged him along.

I was only looking for a rubber stamp of a hula dancer. I went from booth to booth searching and asking the company owners if they had a hula dancer. I remember the owner of Stamp Happy giving me a great come back "I wish I had a hula dancer right now!". He actually did have a couple of stamps that were exactly what I was looking for. Of course, I found other images at the show like palm trees, rocks, sand and water that would go great with my new hula dancer stamps. I was already on my way to becoming a scenic stamper.


After that show, I was hooked. I found a local stamp store and RubberStampMadness and spent lots and lots of money. I was published in RubberStampMadness a few times and they also did an article on me for the Women in Rubber issue.

In 1995, we started Beeswax Rubber Stamps right after we got married. Owning a rubber stamp business really cuts into your personal stamping time, but I still do create artwork now and then. I find it very relaxing to put a scene that's in my mind on to paper.

I love stamping in black ink and using pastel chalks to color in the majority of the piece and then using my colored pencils to fill in the smaller areas.


Like many artistic people I ventured off into another art form. In 2003, I started melting glass. It's also turned into a business and with the popularity of Pandora and other add-a-bead style jewelry, I keep pretty busy at my torch making lampwork beads."


If you would like to see more of Amy's fabulous art, visit her blog, Chatterbox or check out her Scenic Gallery and her Artistic Gallery on the Beeswax Stamps site.

We look forward to more inspiration from Amy later this month!


All artwork and lampwork beads in this post by Amy Kinsch.

6 comments:

  1. Very inspirational! Love the glass beads and stamps and painting and - everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm fascinated by both your areas of expertise, will have to check out your stamp co, looks intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is all SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an amazingly talented artist is Amy! can't wait to see more. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning work! so happy you're here with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin