Saturday, June 4, 2011

June Muse Showcase: Kim Dellow

We are very happy to welcome Kim Dellow back to Gingersnap Creations, this time as our June Muse!

Kim is currently designing for Kuretake
, Quixotic Paperie, Make The Day Special, La-La Land Crafts, Papercraft Essentials and Cute Card Thursday. She won Papercraft Essentials Papercrafter of the Year 2008 and has been published in Papercraft Essentials, Simply Cards and Papercraft and Craft Stamper magazines. We know you will love her creations!

As with all our Muses, we will let Kim tell you a bit about herself and her art:

My art journey started in 2007 with an impulse purchase of a craft magazine. I was looking for something new to do and needed something to relax me after a particularly tough time at work. Out of curiosity I bought a card making magazine and soon I was totally addicted.

When I was a kid I would be constantly making things with paper, fabric, polymer clay, beads, making models, clothes, jewellery, anything and everything.

Then, as I grew up and had to concentrate on getting a ‘proper’ job, all this craftwork and experimenting got put to one side until now and I count myself so lucky to be able to reconnect with that lost part of me.

For me it is very much a journey – my start in card making has grown into a love of mixed media and I’m constantly learning and trying new things.

I love texture, recycling and repurposing, making something from a discarded object or some old packaging makes me very happy!

I just love paint and mixing fabric and paper together, metal and rust are also favourite obsessions and you will often find me scavenging for bits of dropped metal and old buttons.

I’ve been very fortunate on my journey and have been on some wonderful Design Teams and met some fabulous folk.



We are excited to have Kim with us this month and we can't wait to see what she creates!

If you would like to see more of Kim's art, please visit, her blog - Crafty Makes.

All artwork in this post by Kim Dellow.

12 comments:

  1. oh uau!! she' s amazing!! this pieces are so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Kim's work and her sardine tin is inspiring me to do something with the ones I have waiting here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so happy to see Kim here!! love her work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creativity posted here today. So happy you're my muse this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice !!! I adore Kim's work; so versatile, original, and love her grungy style...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, Kim! What a delightful muse!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. Kim's work is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uhooi,,
    Waw,, It works amazing, creative and good,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks you so much for the lovely welcome all! I'm so looking forward to working with Gingersnap Creations again :) Have a fun month! Kimx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have always loved Kim's work and she is such a nice person too!! Glad to have her as a twitter buddy :).

    Helen.
    http://carryoncrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pleased to see Kim here, her work is inspiring. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see Kim as the muse for June! Jo x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin