Saturday, June 25, 2011

Laura Liddell: Printing with Packaging

There are many ways to print with packaging. I am going to show you a few.
Firstly printing with corrugated card.

First, get some card and a poky tool. Place the tool into the grooves and start to peel off the top layer of brown paper. Take off as much as you like, you could leave some in place but remember this will print solid. In my sample, I have taken off nearly all the top layer.

Apply Acrylic paint to the high points of the card and print.

The good thing about Acrylic paint it soon dries and you can apply more. I have over stamped the lines in the same direction and also at 90 degrees to create a cross hatch pattern.



Bubble wrap can also be painted to give another effect.

Here I have used a light colour as I did not want it to be dominant in this piece.

I have also printed circles by adding paint to bottle tops and stamping. The small dots are the end of a paintbrush dipped in paint.

You can see I have used the bubble wrap stamping as a gentle texture on the background tissue paper backing.


Here I have used 3 Art journey stamps. Film Boy, which I just adore, "hope" and a ring binder edge. I have used free motion stitching so that the stitches are not regular and also mended a tear in the tissue paper with stitching which I think is rather fun. I feel that the printing done with packaging has really added something to this creation. I urge you to try and see if you find the same.

11 comments:

  1. Love it! That came out beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tutorial and wonderful piece with those fabulous stamps, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great piece of art you created! I love this tutorial and I can't wait to make some stamped papers of my own. Thank you for the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truly fabulous work! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous! I've stamped with bubble wrap, but not the others. Can't wait to try! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  6. All the details really fit together nicely in your final product. We love using found objects for making marks, but hadn't thought about anything approaching your fine work.
    Thanks for the freedom to try this one!
    Rose & Co

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm.....fabulous creation ;)
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the tutorial, Just wonderful art created. I am definitely going to try this! xx Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just LOVE what you have done with all these Materials. The result is AWESOME. I can' wait to give this a try myself. Beautiful.
    Bev.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! with such simple things you created such wonderful art pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What fun with packaging!! Love that piece you created using the printed papers too! THANKS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin