Friday, August 26, 2011

TSB's Amanda Newton: Flipping Digital Stamps

Digital stamps are versatile and can be used for many different projects. Sometimes I find I need a stamp to be positioned the other direction and being that these stamps are easily manipulated, I can change them to the size and orientation that I need. That's what I love about digital stamps! So this is how I flip my stamps using Microsoft WORD for flipping and printing digital stamps.

Step One:
Pull up your Microsoft Word program. Insert your chosen image. Once you've got your image inserted, click on it to make sure it's selected and right click on it...you want to chose the Text Wrapping option and click on TIGHT. {This allows you to place the image wherever you'd like}.


Step Two:
Click on the image and copy it. Then you'll want to paste it so you have two images {It may paste it on top of the other one}.




Step Three:
Click on the top image and "grab" the square {the one that is circled in the picture below}. Pull this straight across until the image is flipped or mirrored. {Make sure they match cuz it might look a little funny if they don't match!}


Last Step:
Again, don't forget to text wrap the image to TIGHT and then you can move it around...you don't have to use them together...but if it suits for your card to be the other way around, then I would flip the image...


I've used the Circus Carousel from The Stamping Boutique for the explanation.
Hope this helps everyone!

This is the card I created using this technique with the Cynthia in the "shrooms" image.



Please don't hesitate to post a comment if you need
more explanation and I'll do my best to explain it!
Thanks for letting me share!!

Tutorial by Amanda Newton

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for this- I was trying to do this earlier in the week, and could not figure it out.....!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks I have just bought my first few digital stamps and had no idea how to size or anything!not too technological, prefer ink!Now I will be able to give this a go ta tracex

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing us this without using PhotoShop or some other expensive package. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the information. Have never bought a digi because never knew how to use them, so this info is very helpful. Loving your brilliant card. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cleverest use for Microsoft Word I ever did hear about. Amazing how you've put everything together in so clear a manner as to make anybody that might have less experience than yourself fall in love with the process. Thank you.
    Very nicely done.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you for this tutorial! I'm very new to Digis', and i appreciate all tips & tricks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well would you look at that! Even I can do this now, thanks to your great tutorial!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your wonderful words!

Other Articles Which May Interest You:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin